Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

For the furloughed Flexjet guys/gals....

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Just curious as to when this was said and by who? Where is the 15 number coming from? Just concerned?

15 on the low end and 50 on the high end. It would probably happen in May as that coincides with our financial new year, and would give the crystal palace folks 5 months of data as to how year is actually going.

The real answer is that they don't know any better what lies before us in the coming year than you or I. There have been some recent positive signs and the increased demand has increased the yield on our scheduling system. They're hoping for the best, predicting little if any gains, and preparing to cut more people. Probably about where any company's leadership is at right now.

We'll see if the commercial real estate bubble and and all the looming mortgage resets gives us another kick in the teeth or whether we really are on the slow road to recovery.

God, how depressing. Whenever I need a swift kick in the nutsack I can always come here and start my day off absolutely on the wrong foot.

You know what I think? Here goes:

We are on the road to recovery, and we are well-positioned to do very well in the coming years. We have an almost total franchise on some of the best business jet products on the market (Lears and Challengers, and, soon, the awesome-beyond- belief Lear 85). We have a low cost structure, enjoy reasonably good labor/management relations, and decent morale.

We are like the little engine from that children's story, chugging along and chugging along, unnoticed and unenvied.

We are going to own this industry in the coming years.

God, how depressing. Whenever I need a swift kick in the nutsack I can always come here and start my day off absolutely on the wrong foot.

You know what I think? Here goes:

We are on the road to recovery, and we are well-positioned to do very well in the coming years. We have an almost total franchise on some of the best business jet products on the market (Lears and Challengers, and, soon, the awesome-beyond- belief Lear 85). We have a low cost structure, enjoy reasonably good labor/management relations, and decent morale.

We are like the little engine from that children's story, chugging along and chugging along, unnoticed and unenvied.

We are going to own this industry in the coming years.

Good for you Dorker, that's a nice way to feel. Good luck.

I don't know where you heard these numbers. Last I was told from an ACP was currently 12 over during the busy season and 20 for the slow. If you look at our position legs and charter, it shows we do not have the staff to cover what demand we have. Also, based on the conference call yesterday, we are not downsizing any fleets which means we cannot afford to cut 50 pilots. The bottom line for all of of guys/gals on the street is this, nobody has a bloody clue.

All of the data that the company currently has is showing that we have bottomed out. We are doing demos and sales are beating on the doors of anyone who will listen. We are hoping for the best and cannot wait to see all of our folks back on property. Personally, I am hoping that we begin recalls next summer. I just don't see it until then. The reason being is that I cannot see them bringing folks back on a temporary basis, which is what it would be if brought some back now.

15 on the low end and 50 on the high end.

OK, "internal memo" was a bad choice of words. But, he has said, and repeated by others, that we are carying more pilots than necessary, and if things don't improve they will be furloughed. I believe the common number kicked around is 15.

So, what gives?

In the big picture, will laying off an additional 15 pilots really help? Its like when they let go 3 flight attendants.

The only person Fred Greed cares about is himself and his bonus.

I don't know where you heard these numbers. Last I was told from an ACP was currently 12 over during the busy season and 20 for the slow. If you look at our position legs and charter, it shows we do not have the staff to cover what demand we have. Also, based on the conference call yesterday, we are not downsizing any fleets which means we cannot afford to cut 50 pilots. The bottom line for all of of guys/gals on the street is this, nobody has a bloody clue.

All of the data that the company currently has is showing that we have bottomed out. We are doing demos and sales are beating on the doors of anyone who will listen. We are hoping for the best and cannot wait to see all of our folks back on property. Personally, I am hoping that we begin recalls next summer. I just don't see it until then. The reason being is that I cannot see them bringing folks back on a temporary basis, which is what it would be if brought some back now.

Not true. They said there would be some fleet downsizing with flat growth in 2010.

The chief pilot is the source. He said 50 was extremely unlikely, but those were the numbers that were being looked at if demand was flat or continued to peter off. So it isn't line gossip or anything, but straight from the horse's mouth.

Dooker,
Hope you're right.

Well if anything happens I will be out of a job so maybe its time to start looking for a new career.

Cl300pilot, I listened in on the same conference call yesterday with my husband and tc very clearly stated there would be MORE layoffs after easter. Now maybe there's a lot about the biz I don't understand and maybe you can still be sort of right but the man did say kinda the opposite of what you said. Also said it's going down to 80 aircraft. At 4 or 4.5 pilots that's roughly 350 with a very top heavy list so more downgrades are likely, no?

Latest resources

Back