Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

For the furloughed Flexjet guys/gals....

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
As a side note: Flexjet has the lowest percentage of charter in the fractional industry. Our goal shoud Not be zero charter. That would lead to inefficient staffing of aircraft and eventual lay-offs anyway.[/QUOTE]
Is this fact in AIN, flightaware, or Business and Commercial Aviation? how does a frax know when someone in another company is chartered?

As a side note: Flexjet has the lowest percentage of charter in the fractional industry. Our goal shoud Not be zero charter. That would lead to inefficient staffing of aircraft and eventual lay-offs anyway.

I don't buy any of that. Might have been true at one time, but now? With over 200 hours chartered over the course of just a few days recently, while many Flex crews sat standby and many Flex aircraft sat uncrewed... no way.

It would seem that inefficient staffing of aircraft is one cause of excess charters.

I'm the last guy to take ot for your info. Nice that u resort to name calling. Next time get your facts straight before you post.

Sorry about the OT dig, 'Jet. Glad to hear you're you're one of the good guys. Lord knows we need more of 'em.

Regarding the facts: all I did was pass along what I'd been told, exactly as it was given to me. I guess I thought I was doing some good, letting guys know. And we know that misery loves company. I was sure I was gonna be on the street within weeks. It was a pretty crummy time, for me and my family.

Recently, out on the line, I came across the supposedly reliable source who told me about the supposed 60-pilot furlough. I told him I was certainly glad the rumor was wrong. He just kind of shrugged.

"Hey, rumors are rumors," he said.

So I'm sorry if I freaked everybody out. I was as freaked out as anybody. I won't let myself get caught up in anything like that again.

I'm the last guy to take ot for your info. Nice that u resort to name calling. Next time get your facts straight before you post.

Sorry about the OT dig, 'Jet. Glad to hear you're you're one of the good guys. Lord knows we need more of 'em.

Regarding the facts: all I did was pass along what I'd been told, exactly as it was given to me. I guess I thought I was doing some good, letting guys know. And we know that misery loves company. I was sure I was gonna be on the street within weeks. It was a pretty crummy time, for me and my family.

Recently, out on the line, I came across the supposedly reliable source who told me about the supposed 60-pilot furlough. I told him I was certainly glad the rumor was wrong. He just kind of shrugged.

"Hey, rumors are rumors," he said.

So I'm sorry if I freaked everybody out. I was as freaked out as anybody. I won't let myself get caught up in anything like that again.

[QUOTE If I was in the bottom 50 of the seniority list, I would make damn sure I didn't leave any sick time on the books. Call or email your ACP and find out how many days you have left and make sure you use them because you won't be compensated for them if your furloughed. Just my two cents.

Yeah....smart thinking Bunhead. Screw the company before and/or even if they do anything. That's the same kind of thinking that has the airline industry in the shambles it's in. The 2 most unionized industrys in the country (airlines and autos) are in the toughest shape because morons like you figure out ways to weasel out of work. The only way this country and Flexjet will move ahead is increased productivity. It happened in the 1990s (through no fault of Clinton) and it will happen again if the free market pravails. In your world, like the French, less work is the solution. What an idiot.

As a side note: Flexjet has the lowest percentage of charter in the fractional industry. Our goal shoud Not be zero charter. That would lead to inefficient staffing of aircraft and eventual lay-offs anyway.[/QUOTE]

I don't know who's screwing who here. Last I checked it's use them or lose them. It's a worthless benefit if you don't take advantage of it. Maybe you've worked in the office too long that you've forgotten what its like to fly the line. By the way, name calling doesn't add inches to your penis.

Last edited:
As a side note: Flexjet has the lowest percentage of charter in the fractional industry. Our goal shoud Not be zero charter. That would lead to inefficient staffing of aircraft and eventual lay-offs anyway.
Is this fact in AIN, flightaware, or Business and Commercial Aviation? how does a frax know when someone in another company is chartered?[/QUOTE]

I would like to know the source of this as well. You aren't the first guy to tell me that, but I can't see how we would have that info from another company either. Seems proprietary to me.

Latest resources

Back