Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

For the furloughed Flexjet guys/gals....

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I don't know where you heard these numbers. Last I was told from an ACP was currently 12 over during the busy season and 20 for the slow. If you look at our position legs and charter, it shows we do not have the staff to cover what demand we have. Also, based on the conference call yesterday, we are not downsizing any fleets which means we cannot afford to cut 50 pilots. The bottom line for all of of guys/gals on the street is this, nobody has a bloody clue.

All of the data that the company currently has is showing that we have bottomed out. We are doing demos and sales are beating on the doors of anyone who will listen. We are hoping for the best and cannot wait to see all of our folks back on property. Personally, I am hoping that we begin recalls next summer. I just don't see it until then. The reason being is that I cannot see them bringing folks back on a temporary basis, which is what it would be if brought some back now.

According to what our CP said on the conference call, they aren't even thinking about recalls next year. They ARE thinking about more furloughs of some unspecified number to no furloughs with some fleet down sizing. I'd imagine if things turn out better than planned we could call back pilots, but I'm not optimistic.

I too can't see what difference 15 pilots would mean to the bottom line, except to boost Fred's bonus and ruin 15 families.

According to what our CP said on the conference call, they aren't even thinking about recalls next year. They ARE thinking about more furloughs of some unspecified number to no furloughs with some fleet down sizing. I'd imagine if things turn out better than planned we could call back pilots, but I'm not optimistic.

I too can't see what difference 15 pilots would mean to the bottom line, except to boost Fred's bonus and ruin 15 families.

I understand that this is a business and not a charity. But I and 84 other pilots personally know what its like to come to work each day not knowing if its your last day.

Management constantly repeating the fact that they are overstaffed doesn't help morale either.

On a good note it looks like CS is recalling.

I admit I came in on the call 15 minutes after it began, maybe I just missed something. Lord knows I am far from perfect. Lets just pray that nothing happens and we begin recalls for the next busy season.

Not trying to be Debbie Downer, but I think it will be a long, long time before the Flex 85 are recalled. FG would sell his mom for a buck, and will continue, as his history clearly shows - to sell pilots for a nickel.

I disagree, I bet we recall a few next year similar to what citation air has just done; and I'm the most pessimistic person on this board.

Maybe they had a mechanical.

Could be,,, but with 12 aircraft sitting uncrewed,,,maybe we could have had one ready to recover if that were the case.

Maybe I'm wrong,, but don't owners sign on to a program because they are promised to be on the program equipment, operated by the program trained crews??
Heck,,, it certainly would be cheaper to go with Joe-Blow's charter service from the beginning.

Just not cool IMO.

Could be,,, but with 12 aircraft sitting uncrewed,,,maybe we could have had one ready to recover if that were the case.

Maybe I'm wrong,, but don't owners sign on to a program because they are promised to be on the program equipment, operated by the program trained crews??
Heck,,, it certainly would be cheaper to go with Joe-Blow's charter service from the beginning.

Just not cool IMO.

Well said.

Unfortunately, Fred doesn't care about the product, but his only concern is the bottom line. If we had a rest policy that conformed to the FAR's there wouldn't be anymore talk of potential furloughs. The only thing we would be talking about is recalls. As long as crews are willing to answer the phone in rest and work overtime, our management team will continue to try and stretch us as thin as they can. Sure, it may lead to more charter, but it still pads the bottom line. Less pilots and up the yield. Make the pilot more productive. If I was in the bottom 50 of the seniority list, I would make damn sure I didn't leave any sick time on the books. Call or email your ACP and find out how many days you have left and make sure you use them because you won't be compensated for them if your furloughed. Just my two cents.

Latest resources

Back