Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

For the furloughed Flexjet guys/gals....

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
We won't layoff again. I predict a few recalls next year

What makes you think recalls next year? With out significant retirements or growth I don't see how they'll recall. I predict nothing until the end of the year (2010) then maybe recalls in 2011 and I wouldn't be surprised if the recallee's got offered much lower pay than current new 1st pay; might not be the same job we left.

I agree with everything you say--except for the part at the end about a "proud reputation."

If we had any pride, we'd have something in writing by now.

yeah and ur so full of sh*t u posted that crap in the fall about a bunch of training center slots. what was that- just to get everyone worried?

hhmmm

Man, I haven’t posted in a while. I hope I remember how…

You can read my previous posts and you’ll know that I renew my card, yearly.

Now, Hungstart, I do not disagree with what you are sayin'. I just want to get some numbers clear.

Ok…… I want to address this charter selloff on peak days. We ALL know the 24+% number they told us about. And, yes, that does suck when we have friends on the street that need jobs. But, we must realize that this is no different than the way Flex has done things for years. (even pre-FG)

When our owners buy in, this is clearly in their contract as a PEAK day common practice. Our owners know when these PEAK days are, and know that there is a better than normal chance of getting a non-flex aircraft, if they choose to travel on these days. Keep in mind that we do have some owners, who have in their contract to fly on only Flex airplanes. It’s just a matter of how well they negotiated their share.

With that being said, 24% or 25% charter for 2 or 3 days a year is only bad, if on Those days we crewed less than 95% of the aircraft we have on property. That is the number you are leaving out. If we are chartering owners, and we have half our is fleet parked, then I’d really be pi$$ed. :smash:
As stated in someone’s earlier post, many of these charter hours are bought months in advance. So, we saw some Flexjet aircraft on Standby, backing up an owner on a charter. How does that look to our owners?

Flex has been doing this for years. It just stings a bit more when we have guys on the street.

Flame Away!!!!
:eek:

Man, I haven’t posted in a while. I hope I remember how…

You can read my previous posts and you’ll know that I renew my card, yearly.

Now, Hungstart, I do not disagree with what you are sayin'. I just want to get some numbers clear.

Ok…… I want to address this charter selloff on peak days. We ALL know the 24+% number they told us about. And, yes, that does suck when we have friends on the street that need jobs. But, we must realize that this is no different than the way Flex has done things for years. (even pre-FG)

When our owners buy in, this is clearly in their contract as a PEAK day common practice. Our owners know when these PEAK days are, and know that there is a better than normal chance of getting a non-flex aircraft, if they choose to travel on these days. Keep in mind that we do have some owners, who have in their contract to fly on only Flex airplanes. It’s just a matter of how well they negotiated their share.

With that being said, 24% or 25% charter for 2 or 3 days a year is only bad, if on Those days we crewed less than 95% of the aircraft we have on property. That is the number you are leaving out. If we are chartering owners, and we have half our is fleet parked, then I’d really be pi$$ed. :smash:
As stated in someone’s earlier post, many of these charter hours are bought months in advance. So, we saw some Flexjet aircraft on Standby, backing up an owner on a charter. How does that look to our owners?

Flex has been doing this for years. It just stings a bit more when we have guys on the street.

Flame Away!!!!
:eek:

Necro:
First, I am not going to flame anybody. What I had to say was just my opinion, much as you have yours.

My question to you is,,where do see that it ok to charter with 95% fleet usage? How did that number become the ok threshold?
There have been days when we had more than 10 parked, and had charters going out. And no, these were not recovery charters, but scheduled, first thing in the morning. So, the mystical "95%" is not something etched in stone. Planned inefficiency if you ask me. And as far as prepaying well in advanced,,, please!! In this time of oue economy,,, you could easily negotiate a very, very low deposit to hold the date, and not use it unless positively necessary. Nope, in my mind we are just not prepaired.

My concern is that the owners will realize that Flex does not charter aircraft at a loss. And if they did, they are a mismananged company. So,, if Flex can do it, so can they. Don't kid yourself for a moment that the crews on the charters are not talking up their service. And you know the owners are curious enough to ask the crews, heck, it happens to me all the time! Does management not care that they have just arranged a demo flight to a competitor???

Necro,,we are here to provide superior service to our owners. I feel that includes being properly staffed at all times.

Anyway, I have said my piece on the subject. Merry Christmas to you and your family.

Hung

I thought it was flex wife that posted about the slots. Could be wrong.

Nope. Not me - I get to know a lot of various info from various sources but that was never information I was privy to or could even come close to verifying. I may have commented on someone elses post but it was never something I brought to the table.

Nope. Not me - I get to know a lot of various info from various sources but that was never information I was privy to or could even come close to verifying. I may have commented on someone elses post but it was never something I brought to the table.

It was dooker and he is totally full of sh*t

My bad, I remember you came out with some info a while back, maybe it had to do with Globals or something. Neither here nor there.

I hope all of the flexers get some good news soon!!!!

I guess I was not finished on the subject.

Mr. Necro,,,you feeling "pissed" today???

My math seems to put the "uncrewed" column way over 5%, with charters going. :eek:

Just askin'.

Hung

Latest resources

Back