• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

For Pilots, Dreams Run Into Reality

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Guys, the National Seniority List (NSL) isn't the answer right now. A more workable solution is a Pilot's Guild, much like the American Medical Association or the Bar Association.

The idea is that the Guild sets a MINIMUM RATE OF PAY per AIRCRAFT, and PER SEAT. . . . . and the number is something like Delta Airlines 2001.

Your own Union can negotiate something higher, and better bennies and work rules, but NEVER LOWER. That takes pilot pay off the table, period. No more chipping in for gas.

The mechanics of it are that everyone is grandfathered in. Your Union still represents you, but the Guild sets the minimum hourly rate for ALL pilots for that equipment. Fly for less than that, and you are out of the Guild, and cannot work for any US airline again, period. It would be like practicing medicine without a license.

Later, we could start handing out seniority numbers, but to NEW members . . . in other words, the NSL part would benefit the next gerneration of aviators, but the pay would benefit all of us immediately.

Regards,
TW

Can anyone be arrogant enough to think they made the right choice? Maybe 10% of us will have a 30 year career.

yeah...i made the right choice! how is that arrogant? and if i retire at 65(which i won't..55 for me) that would be 40 years...and 30 as a widebody captain..i did a lot of research about FDX...made a great choice(knock on wood)...no arrogance though:beer:

Did not E. K. Gann write about being a slave to numbers back in 1939. Downgrading, pay cuts, not being able to live on F/O wages. Some things do not change.

Yeah, and Ernest Gann left the airlines, walking away from American Airlines . . . . and on to bigger and better things, as an author, sailor, and screenwriter. Quite a life, and quite a guy.

Those of you who haven't read his books might pick up a copy of "Fate is the Hunter" followed by his autobiography, "A Hostage to Fortune".

Ernest was the "real deal", like Hemingway, but without the bullfighting.

i did a lot of research about FDX...made a great choice(knock on wood)...no arrogance though:beer:

Don't dislocate your shoulder patting yourself on the back, junior.

You could be out on the street on your azz in a few years, too, a victim of cabotage . . . or you could be shot at a gas station on your way home, or hit by a drunk driver.

Guys, the National Seniority List (NSL) isn't the answer right now. A more workable solution is a Pilot's Guild, much like the American Medical Association or the Bar Association.TW

Same Ol' Ty Webb...

HOW Ty.... How are we going to do the Guild?

Get your NPA 'on' and get your CAPA 'on' and get with ALPA and make it happen.

The problem is this...

All you guys come up with these great ideas... post on FI and then brush your hands clean... but nothing changes... And your actions suggests that if OTHERS would simply do as you suggest the world would be better....

At some point you have to put up or shut up...

I hope you put up.. I really do... cause I want to see improvement... but unworkable ideas are distracting, counter productive and regressive.

Put it up Ty!!

and so could you...but i don't spend my life whining about crap on a message board....good luck with that whole PG thing!:laugh:

delete.................

Last edited:
Guys, the National Seniority List (NSL) isn't the answer right now. A more workable solution is a Pilot's Guild, much like the American Medical Association or the Bar Association.

The idea is that the Guild sets a MINIMUM RATE OF PAY per AIRCRAFT, and PER SEAT. . . . . and the number is something like Delta Airlines 2001.

Your own Union can negotiate something higher, and better bennies and work rules, but NEVER LOWER. That takes pilot pay off the table, period. No more chipping in for gas.

The mechanics of it are that everyone is grandfathered in. Your Union still represents you, but the Guild sets the minimum hourly rate for ALL pilots for that equipment. Fly for less than that, and you are out of the Guild, and cannot work for any US airline again, period. It would be like practicing medicine without a license.

Later, we could start handing out seniority numbers, but to NEW members . . . in other words, the NSL part would benefit the next gerneration of aviators, but the pay would benefit all of us immediately.

Regards,
TW

Well Ty, you've pitched it, I've pitched it, and I think a few others have too...we still have the mental giants like "Rez" who dismiss it out of hand. NIH.:rolleyes:

Since we are blue collar workers. Always have been and always will be. why dont we look to the real trade unions for our guidance. The Carpenters and Joiners, The Steam Fitters, the Electricians, the Plumbers etc......All of those unions do all of the training for their members, handle the insurance, handle the retirements etc......They also set the standards for becoming an apprentice, a journeyman, a master and they set the standards for specific training cards such as scaffold erectors or boiler installers or staircrafters etc...They negotiate pay rates for each level, for each specialty etc...They set per-diem and cola rates and they also handle any type of reprimand, downgrade/ loss of specialty, exclusion and permanent expulsion. They negotiate how many of each specialty will be on each job etc....It is time to distance ourselves from the white collar scum bag types that have brought us this national disaster called the air traffic system/alpa/apa/ipa/npa/etc...etc..and become labor in our hearts and our minds and our souls......Lets negotiate with scythes and pitchforks and sledgehammers and wear boots to work and throw away our attachment to Delta and American and all the other silly ass airlines and just go to work for the Pilots just like my friends who work for the Carpenters and Plumbers and Electricians etc....we will never again face the ravages of a system that forces us to stay with a loser.........more later

Well Ty, you've pitched it, I've pitched it, and I think a few others have too...we still have the mental giants like "Rez" who dismiss it out of hand. NIH.:rolleyes:

I don't dismiss it...

I just have not seen a workable implementation idea. No blue prints, no flowcharts, guides, manuals, higher math... whatever it takes to show pragmatic application....

Show me a workable plan and I'll help sell it....

Latest resources

Back