? For Netjet crews

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

PGH STEEL

Why do you guys sit on the ramp for 10 min with the engines running before taxing? I see it more in the Citations.

probably the ultra that's my guess.

Basically our before taxi checklist is so long it's friggin like reading war and peace.

That and the gyros take friggin forever. I think it's like 8 minutes from avionics on just to have the gyros in the PFd's wind up without an apu. Then you can start the before taxi checklist.

You will notice some guys are out of the blocks from engine start to taxi out in like 30 seconds.

Some guys spend like 30 minutes in the blocks.

The trend may continue to get longer. As the SOP's change many of the taxi procedures, as in the Hawker, will now be on the before taxi check. I believe they will be going to more of an airline style checklist where flaps and things of that nature are done prior.

But then again we still have many of the same people who wrote the last set re-writing this set so they will simply take the dissertations we use for engine starts and replace them elsewhere.

I used to fly the Citation SII and I know what you mean about the gyros taking forever to spool up but to eliminate that problem we ran a gpu to the plane and as soon as the pax were on board the avionics went off and the engines were start, and after that the gyos took like 10 seconds to spool up. Do you QS guys use a gpu or does managment say it is too costly? And how many items can be on a before taxi check? Just curious.

We're something aren't, we? We take forever to get out of the blocks, when we land, we never know how much fuel we want, or if we are staying, or what: ("will advise") and until recently, we would return in the middle of the night after being ASAP'd.

When i was in the u boat i made it mandatory to use the gpu as much as often. A lot of guys don't even bother. I for one didn't like the fact the fo was either freezing or sweating. Plus it made loading the box much quicker.

You have ground heat in the Ultra? That sure would be nice!! In the winter, we just freeze in the Beechjet. Most of the time in the summer we bake, because our freon air isn't worth a sh!t. But when you try to run them like airliners, these things break. And then are MEL'd. And don't get fixed for a long, long time.

Latest resources

Back