• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

For God Sakes!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
As much as I don't give a rats ass about Comair, that statement crosses the line! People died as a result of that accident.
I think you should retract that statement and pull your head out of your sphincter, you jackass!

I see you get my point! Statement stands! Give them to ASA!

These types of aircraft will eventually wipe out domestic mainline service. Not too far down the road you'll see 150 seat "RJ's". These will be given by mainline to the lowest bidder, and mainline will constantly dwindle their Boeing and Airbus aircraft. When mainline puts out an RFQ to the regionals for these - the regionals will be slashing everything in sight to get em'.

In the not to far away future - the 150 seat aircraft will be flown by CA's making $60.00/hr and FO's starting out at $25.00/hr. This will kill off the "Legacys" domestic flying, and any hope of decent wages in this career if you fly domestic.

Everything today points towards this becoming reality tomorrow.

Pilots are their own worst enemies - and no one is doing a damn thing to impede this process.

Last edited:
These types of aircraft will eventually wipe out domestic mainline service. Not too far down the road you'll see 150 seat "RJ's". These will be given by mainline to the lowest bidder, and mainline will constantly dwindle their Boeing and Airbus aircraft. When mainline puts out an RFQ to the regionals for these - the regionals will be slashing everything in sight to get em'.

In the not to far away future - the 150 seat aircraft will be flown by CA's making $60.00/hr and FO's starting out at $25.00/hr. This will kill off the "Legacys" domestic flying, and any hope of decent wages in this career if you fly domestic.

Everything today points towards this becoming reality tomorrow.

Pilots are their own worst enemies - and no one is doing a damn thing to impede this process.

well said-
and if any of those 'regionals' attempt to get too strong- they will have their flying bid out to the next lowest bidder- meaning regionals will never have a great contract. They are the meaning of disenfranchised. Then b/c of this low pay- you have a glut of pilots in the market- 85% of which are looking to move on (and are smart to do so, b/c you never know when flying will be taken away from your regional-) and hence accepting jetBlue, VA, and legacy first year pay. That has put downward pressure on all pilot pay. This is a problem that ALL unions need to come together and work on.

AN AMAZING NUMBER OF MAJOR AIRLINE PILOTS REALLY DO NOT KNOW THE ABOVE WHEN IT COMES TO RJ'S AND SCOPE.

Again- write your rep and talk about how to solve it.

It's "God's sake" as opposed to "God sakes". The apostrophe followed by the 's' indicates possession. I don't think 'sakes' is a word.

"Land sakes!" is still used by rednecks who are afraid of blaspheming. It prolly ain't in Websters tho.:beer:

yeah? lighten up?
I'll lighten up about a lot- not about scope. I see you never had to fly the dc-9/73 replacement for 1/3 wages.... You probably didn't get furloughed b/c of the choice either. Those among us who have spent the better part of the last 10 years in "regionals" while on furlough are probably not going to "lighten up" about scope any time soon.

selfish shortsighted weak-sauce prick.

Umm, he is talking about scope. When you (major airline pilot) allow outsourcing, you are giving up scope. You gave up scope because you thought you were too good to fly that airplane. That is the very definition of a "selfish shortsighted weak sauce prick".

P.S. Thanks for validating my decision to go frac. We don't have problems with selfish shortsighted weak sauce pricks.

Last edited:
1st- we don't disagree- and yeah- you did well to go frac. it's cargo, frac, or swa-hoping they understand the scope issue before the cat's out of their bag too.

btw- me and the shortsighted prick up there already kissed and made up- i jumped the gun and admitted i'm a sensitive b!tch about the matter.

But i stand by my point- that it's not our job to decide which airplanes mgmt has us fly-but it is our job to make sure that it's our group that flies them. there are many of my peers who have argued that the rj is simply too small for them- they don't like it and that's why we shouldn't fly them- and that is a shortsighted mentality.

Latest resources

Back