• Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

radarlove

This does not appear to be a joke:

http://petairways.com/

Pet Airways Set To Take Off This Summer

Mon, 20 Apr '09
'Pets Only' Air Service Caters To Four-Legged Friends

Beginning in July, newcomer Pet Airways is slated to begin service to five major cities, with plans to expand service to other cities before the year is out – but for pets only.
The initial schedule will include flights between New York, Washington DC, Chicago, Denver and Los Angeles. Alysa Binder, founder and executive vice president of Pet Airways, said, "For us, it's all about the safety and the comfort of the pets."
Binder and husband Dan Wiesel were inspired to begin the unusual service after shipping their Jack Russell Terrier, Zoe, from the San Francisco area to South Florida, and considering an alternative for pets traveling in cargo holds.
Operated by Suburban Airlines, the airline plans to use 19-seat Beech 1900s, but without the seats. The planes’ interiors will be climate-controlled and well-lit, a far cry from accommodations offered to pets transported in airliner cargo holds.
“Pawsengers” will be accompanied by a flight attendant to care for their needs enroute, according to The South Florida Sun-Sentinel. Pets will be welcomed at check-in counters, and owners can track the flights on the company website.
Although the company is currently advertising lower introductory fares, tickets are expected to run about $250 each way, varying on pet sizes and needs, Binder said.

Ok so I just can’t help it. A pilot from here is interviewing at his or her future dream job at a major airline.

Interviewer: Tell me about a time that you went above and beyond for a customer.

Candidate: We were on the ramp in ORD preparing for takeoff and the F.A. came up on the flight deck and said that she was having some trouble with a passenger. I personally went back and said to the passenger “Is everything O.K.? Is there anything I can get you?” And that is when he bit my head off and said “Aaaaroo roo roo roo roo. Aaaaarooo roo roo roo roo. Grrrrrrrrrrrrr uff. Aaaroo roo roo roo…….

I don’t know if you will think that it is that funny but I sure had fun typing it!

And that is when he bit my head off and said “Aaaaroo roo roo roo roo. Aaaaarooo roo roo roo roo. Grrrrrrrrrrrrr uff. Aaaroo roo roo roo…….
!

That was funny as ********************.

Can't find anything about a "Suburban Airlines". And they say they're gonna use 1900's to fly coast-to-coast?

Looks like a hoax. An elaborate one to be sure.

Ok so I just can’t help it. A pilot from here is interviewing at his or her future dream job at a major airline.

Interviewer: Tell me about a time that you went above and beyond for a customer.

Candidate: We were on the ramp in ORD preparing for takeoff and the F.A. came up on the flight deck and said that she was having some trouble with a passenger. I personally went back and said to the passenger “Is everything O.K.? Is there anything I can get you?” And that is when he bit my head off and said “Aaaaroo roo roo roo roo. Aaaaarooo roo roo roo roo. Grrrrrrrrrrrrr uff. Aaaroo roo roo roo…….

I don’t know if you will think that it is that funny but I sure had fun typing it!

I had fun reading it! Bravo!

I don't think it's a hoax. Suburban Air has been around forever, callsign "Sub-air", they fly UPS freight, in the old days, twin-Cessnas.

I suspect this is a bit of a freight-forwarding company, not really a pet airline, but it sure looks like a pet airline.

For the pilot's sake, I can only hope the cockpit is sound-proofed. Can you imagine all the random barking and howling during some hard rain and turbulence? The 1900 is like a studio apt.

Latest resources

Back