• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

For all you furloughed major guys: Pet Airways

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
They talked about this on the radio this AM here in ATL.

I say quick death. Too long to get from point A to B. Just stick em in the cargo hold. Still cheaper than this.

doggie news

this was also on fox news this morning.. I think her name is megan kelly but she did a spot, interviewed the principals and has some footage of the 1900's..

its true

The one time i was aware I was carrying an animal on the BE1900 was when I was doing a post flight walkaround. From the other side of the plane, on a noisy ramp, I heard some god-awful hissing noise. When I got around to the cargo bin, let's just say I'm glad this cat was in a cage, because this regular little housecat was so puffed up and had a look of pure rage in it's eyes. It surely would have killed me!

To make the short story long... turboprops and housepets do not mix.

I think most people would rather their dog ride in the same plane as them, in the cargo hold of a jet for 4 hours then send him cross country in a cargo B1900.

Magic 8 ball says "Outlook not so good"

They talked about this on the radio this AM here in ATL.

I say quick death. Too long to get from point A to B. Just stick em in the cargo hold. Still cheaper than this.

Not sure it is cheaper. Most airlines are charging $75 each way for pets that stay under the seat in front of you. Haven't priced large dogs in checked baggage - but I'm sure it's at least that much, probably more.

Not sure there is much volume. And these pet owners will probably not want to wait 3 or 4 days for their animal to arrive.

Why would it take 3 or 4 days? At most a b1900 would take 10hrs to transcon. Pets are generally flown as freight and are very expensive. Weight limits prevent most from riding in the cabin. This might not be a bad idea, as a business plan it would probably be better suited to UPS or FedEX.

Latest resources

Back