Food for a long haul flight

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
used to make my own trail mix,

go to the bulk section of the local grocery store, load a bag up with nut mix (walnut, almond, macamadamia, cashew, brazils, pecans)
dried; banana, papaya, mango, coconut, dates (but no friggin raisins, hate raisins, which is why i was making mix instead of buying it prebagged, not to mention it was cheaper, raisins, feh!)
chocolate chips (white/regular/peanutbutter) or mm's

and one of those 'camel paks' half filled with ice, topped off with water

now, i carry a fair selection of lo-carb meal bars, handy and fairly price effective compared to airport food, granted not as tasty as my old mix bag of stuff, but it does the job

Last edited:
dadsf

I'm all about the caprisuns, and goldfish. (cause they're so delicious!!)

Dash8 said:
and one of those 'camel paks' half filled with ice, topped off with water

I really like that idea, we use those all the time in the desert, never thought about using for flying

CA1900 said:
Bananas, cereal bars, corn, crab cakes, cabbage, refried beans, apples. And coffee with milk to wash it down. And a quart of apple juice.

It's great, I get the whole cockpit to myself. :D

Seriously, I like Clif Bars a lot.[/QUOTE

Ya beat me to the punch. I would add White Castles to the list.

www.bdkingpress.com

I find that a bag of Funions really stinks up the cockpit if you really want to tick someone off.

Dr Pokenhiemer said:
I find that a bag of Funions really stinks up the cockpit if you really want to tick someone off.

I believe the question was what kind of FOOD do you bring. Funyuns (spelled correctly, by the way) do not qualify as food.;)

I see you must be a larger consumer of the fake onion rings than I, because I couldn't remember how to spell it, but I remember how bad it smelled in the plane when I broke a bag out---about 10 years ago!!! Some things are just hard to forget.

I was not hungry till I read this thread, I take packs of peanut butter crackers and oatmeal cream pies and gatorade cause it dosent make me have to pee.

Latest resources

Back