• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Food for a long haul flight

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Bananas, cereal bars, corn, crab cakes, cabbage, refried beans, apples. And coffee with milk to wash it down. And a quart of apple juice.

It's great, I get the whole cockpit to myself. :D

Seriously, I like Clif Bars a lot.

Last edited:
Apple Newtons. Can't explain it, but when I fly, I crave 'em.

Krispy Kremes, the messy ones that make you look all powdery and covered in glaze.

It was the Glaze from the Krispy Kreme I swear.....

d328pilot said:
What kinds of food do you bring to snack on for a long haul flight???

You mean you don't have First of Business class service and a company policy that the FAs must check on you every 30 minutes. :rolleyes: :D .

TP

banana's, granola bars, OJ, grapes, graham crackers, snack crackers, PB&J sandwiches, water.

I can't do the Krispy Kremes, I love them too much...and we can't bring enough. I can't eat just one either. My record in one sitting (I was still going strong but we ran out of donuts) was 22. That was just eating one after another after another, not sure what the total time on that was. Maybe they will have a KK eating contest...I may have a chance!

sunflower seeds, water and a few slim fast bars...but the already shelled sunflower seeds...the worst is trying to dump out a cup of sunflower seeds at 6,500' in a 152..........just don't do it.

-mini

garf12 said:
A cup of dip spit can get pretty nasty also.

flew with a guy a few weeks ago...always has his "spit bottle"...so he pulled out a bottle and I assumed all was normal, opens it up....it smelled like he pulled mud or "punched a grumpy" or whatever....right then and there. He later tells me he has had that bottle in his flight case for a year.....nasty nasty stuff.

-mini

Latest resources

Back