Folks Feeling Blue

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hey,

Not everyone wants to dress like they are ready to invade Poland, but if it makes you feel superior, then have fun.

Wow, is that what we look like? Most of your pilots probably have one of those outfits in their closet, and probably liked wearing it. But hey, leather jackets are "in" all over this industry. You fit in with everyone else who thinks they are cool. I can't wait until doctors start wearing leather jackets too, and start looking like the Fonz. Heeeeeyyyyyy!

Bye Bye--General Lee

General, How many more legs you got under the Delta name?????

Probably a lot. IF we merge we will likely keep the name, since we are the third biggest airline out there. Likely combos are DL/NWA, and UA/CAL. From the articles I read, and can provide you if needed, state Delta would probably be the kept name, even with the Asian rights. That all can be changed on a golf course.

Bye Bye--General Lee

You obviously don't have enough experience in this business if you believe that. This to shall pass.

Well there you have it. Boys I have been redeemed. The preacher done warshed away all my sins and transgressions. It's the straight and narrow (taxiway) from here on out, and heaven everlasting's my reward. Neither God nor man's (nor airline) got nothing on me. Come on in boys, the water (de-icing) is fine.

Yep. This time around nothing is different from the LAST time. If only I wasn't so danged nu.

This too will pass? So will our pay raises.

Last edited:
Well there you have it. Boys I have been redeemed. The preacher done warshed away all my sins and transgressions. It's the straight and narrow (taxiway) from here on out, and heaven everlasting's my reward. Neither God nor man's (nor airline) got nothing on me. Come on in boys, the water (de-icing) is fine.

HAHA that's pretty funny Delmar... :beer:

Southwest has run two airplanes off the runway and they're still around. Nobody got hurt. They all just got pissed off. Trust me when I say that they'll be back. I used to work at a regional on a turbo prop pissing people off on a daily basis, and they just kept coming and coming. NOT saying thats a good business plan but it sure looks like a lot of airlines plan does it not. We still have a lot of cash in the bank and I believe we will overcome this. A lot of analists (intentional misspell) feel the same way and that is why the stock has not crashed yet.

I don't think we should be throwing stones at SWA's operation or anyone else's for that matter. Glass houses you know.

The Pig.

We could all be witnessing the end of the airline -- any of us who work here will tell you: It's that bad. The recovery from this in terms of money, customer goodwill, resources, investor confidence, and employee trust is soo far in the future I am not sure it will even happen. The funny thing is, the story about stranding pax on the tarmac for 8 hours isn't even the real story. The real story is how fooked up this situation has become as a result of one storm, a situation that has now extened into Monday with the cancellation of all 190 operations on that day as well.

You're not going to get much sympathy from the Legacy carrier crowd since our mangements have been blaming our problems on LCCs and fuel costs. That said, I wouldn't worry about this too much. We've all had our down days in this business, you guys will get through this too. Furthermore, remember how short the American public's memory is. 3 months from now they won't remember it AT ALL.

Managers who created this situation by making a series of poor decisions ought to be fired though. And therein lies the problems with this business. There is very little accountability in senior management. Rather, it's all about who plays politics the best.

Crews are rarely treated as part of the solution and are instead treated as part of the problem while managers who f'up are remain to make mistakes again. If my pax were stuck on a plane for longer than 3 hours I would threaten to evacuate the plane unless they gave me a gate immediately. And I would probably make good on that threat.

Last edited:
My observations from Friday at JFK:

3. The Port Authority needs to hire a few Norwegians from Minnesota to clear their surfaces. The folks from Queens haven't broken the code on winter.

Man, I was thinking the same thing. It seemed like the only plan to clear the taxiways and ramps was the "eventually the sun will come out and melt this sheet" plan. Almost unbelievable to see almost no removal equipment moving on a clear day 18 hours after a major ice storm at one of the world's busiest airports. After seeing what I saw I wouldn't hire the airport manager there to clean my pool.

The recovery will take about as long as it takes Joe SixPack to click on the internet and see that JetBlew has a $69 special from Syracuse to Orlando, allowing him to take his wife and screaming kids to see Mickey.

you elitist snob. How would you go about getting a family of five down to Disney? I'm sure you would go to Orbitz.com, do a search for airfares and then pick the highest one right? How bout when you buy a car? Groceries? Give me a break. For the record, I hate Mouseland and Florida, but let's remember that customers do not set the prices for airfare or anything, they merely engage in contractual agreements with the lowest bidder.

Go back to wiping your a$$ with hundred dollar bills.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back