fokker returning with new aircraft

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

inflightboi175

http://www.flightglobal.com/article...ection-scheme-secures-loan-for-prototype.html

Fokker resurrection scheme secures loan for prototype
By David Kaminski-Morrow

Entrepreneurs behind the long-running effort to develop a Fokker 100 successor intend to modify an existing airframe this year, after securing financing from the Dutch economics ministry.
The organisation driving the programme, NG Aircraft, is a successor to the Rekkof company which has pressed for years to restart Fokker production. NG Aircraft says that the economics ministry is to provide a €20 million ($27 million) loan - although this still needs European Union clearance.
This funding would come through the Dutch SenterNovem agency, which became part of the ministry's innovations support arm Agentschap NL this year.
SenterNovem has a civil aviation department which funds pre-competitive work, such as design, simulation and tooling, for the creation of non-commercial prototype aircraft.
Grants of up to €10 million are available for aircraft transporting fewer than 100 passengers, or €20 million for other cases.
Under an initial phase NG Aircraft will begin adapting a Fokker 100 with new systems and engines. The twin-jet will serve as a demonstrator for the proposed Fokker 100 NG, the first example of which the company wants to assemble by 2015.

Bring back the F-28, it made more noise....

I wonder if AA would be interested in helping to Resurrect this Aircraft. If they don't get a really big order like that then I don't give Fokker much chance of being successful.

I wonder if AA would be interested in helping to Resurrect this Aircraft. If they don't get a really big order like that then I don't give Fokker much chance of being successful.

I'm sure they'd be interested if pilot labor costs were about Eagle-minus-38%

I flew the "little motor fokker." Hands down one of the best (albeit underpowered) jets ever made. WAY before it's time.

Gup

Add some leading edge devices, bigger/more efficient/cleaner/quieter fans, better cabin ventilation (esp. for the back half of the cabin), some modernized glass (maybe throw in an EFB) and some fresh fuzzy dice up front and you've got yourself a pretty nice little bird. Oh, and if they could move the packs out from under the cockpit so it doesn't sound like your engines are periodically flaming out on final - that would be a nice improvement too (although it does help to keep you awake).

But like someone said - the sad part is that the CFO's will only offer First Officer Beech 1900 pay to operate it.

Add some leading edge devices, bigger/more efficient/cleaner/quieter fans, better cabin ventilation (esp. for the back half of the cabin), some modernized glass (maybe throw in an EFB) and some fresh fuzzy dice up front and you've got yourself a pretty nice little bird. Oh, and if they could move the packs out from under the cockpit so it doesn't sound like your engines are periodically flaming out on final - that would be a nice improvement too (although it does help to keep you awake).

That plane already exists (minus the fuzzy dice), it's called the 717. Too bad Boeing decided to shelf the program, they would be selling quite a few of them now.

Latest resources

Back