• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Focus Air

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
$60k/yr. as a 747 Capt. and gone 20 days a month. What's not to like, CSY?

Well, that does not sound right.

I work for a similar firm, Tradewinds Airlines and our payscale does not look all that great on the internet either, but in reality one can have a fairly decent life with a fairly decent paycheck:

I have seen $13K once, $10K several times and not less than $7K..All in a months work and all on first year pay...And most of the time with 2 weeks on and 2 weeks off.

Having been here less than 1 year I am not sue what the total will be, but quite a bit more than the $60K a year the Focus guys are being told they will make on this here board. (Hourly rate the same or so)

Reality may be a bit better, altough the Focus bidding system may cost them guys some serious bucks over the years....(2 months bid, pay and guarentee)
Fly 95 hours one month and ya get no overtime if ya fly 30 hours the next.
Hmm, good for the share holders meh thinks.

CSY Mon said:

I work for a similar firm, Tradewinds Airlines and our payscale does not look all that great on the internet either, but in reality one can have a fairly decent life with a fairly decent paycheck:

I have seen $13K once, $10K several times and not less than $7K..All in a months work and all on first year pay...And most of the time with 2 weeks on and 2 weeks off.

Having been here less than 1 year I am not sue what the total will be, but quite a bit more than the $60K a year the Focus guys are being told they will make on this here board. (Hourly rate the same or so)

Reality may be a bit better, altough the Focus bidding system may cost them guys some serious bucks over the years....(2 months bid, pay and guarentee)

Ugg!~ I didn't think about that two month bid deal. That is where they will stick it to you! Talk about a loophole~!!!!!

There actually should be two 747 down in SAT right now

FutureTEDpilot said:
Ugg!~ I didn't think about that two month bid deal. That is where they will stick it to you! Talk about a loophole~!!!!!

Plus you are only paid the scheduled flight hours. If the schedule says it takes 7:30 to fly from ABC to XYZ and the actual flight takes 9:00 - you only get paid for 7:30.

Lot's of loopholes in their pay system.

psysix said:
Yeah, but it's a 747!

How much of a loser do you have to be to semi-copy the name of another member? Stop wanking off to the computer, and go out and get a life!

CSY Mon said:

I don't mean to be rude, but are those numbers a gross figure? F/O or Capt. Thanks!

Latest resources

Back