Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

FO/Flex how would you vote to integrate??

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
doh, the ONLY reason I use that term Goobers is because they(some FO pilots on this board) EARNED it when they so viciously attacked DW and other Flex managers with their foul-mouthed name-calling and despicable gutter-language...if they don't like the Goober moniker, all they have to do is apologize on this board for their foolishness and admit it was stupid....and, I don't expect that anytime soon.
Cheers

True, point to you.

jet wash…your high school psychological profiling is, uh, sophomoric at best. Conflicted? I expect changes here, just not those that damage our pay and benefits. If there were attacks on these, there are many ways to affect the efficiency of our operation. One way is to consider forming a union. I love how you folks think KR is going to turn into the devil if/when the 1108 disappears, as if he doesn’t have a boss either. His boss is the marketplace, and if he makes the DAC holdings a stinky place to work, no self-respecting pilot would want to work there…I think this concept is foreign to most of you, however.
Goobers…to be eligible for Gooberhood, you(some FO pilots) have seen fit to come on this site and mouth-off scurrilous and childish lies about Flex management. I don’t, and never will, qualify for Gooberhood. Joining a union doesn’t automatically qualify you, but acting like a “goober” does.
And little ole 992…doin your union job of sowing seeds of what may happen and hoping to change a few fence-sitters for your cause. Well, good luck. Another thing history teaches us is the cycle of unions in America. USUALLY brought on by CORRUPT management practices, the union bosses grow rich and just as corrupted as management over time until the whole business collapses or is restarted by new owners. Many unions today are corrupted beyond repair, and their future is shaky at best. I'm happy with my written contract...you'll be among the first to know if that changes.
WL

I figured these guys are going to complain all the way to the "end of the game" about all the things that are wrong and unfair. But in the end, they will show up to accept their participation trophy.

I expect changes here, just not those that damage our pay and benefits. If there were attacks on these, there are many ways to affect the efficiency of our operation.

I do not care for what you have to say in your posts, and I do not know you from anyone else out there.
Having said that, I am going to give you a warning about posting something of the words that you just said above.
If someone does happen to know who you are, and if a post like this got turned into management.
A Flops pilot a few years ago, during negotiations made a comment similar in nature.
A rat had given his login and passcode to management, they saw his post, promptly brought him in, and he was subsequently fired for his suggestive post about a possible work action.

I do not care for what you have to say in your posts, and I do not know you from anyone else out there.
Having said that, I am going to give you a warning about posting something of the words that you just said above.
If someone does happen to know who you are, and if a post like this got turned into management.
A Flops pilot a few years ago, during negotiations made a comment similar in nature.
A rat had given his login and passcode to management, they saw his post, promptly brought him in, and he was subsequently fired for his suggestive post about a possible work action.

How does a "rat" acquire a passcode? Sounds like some pilots at fo (similar to flex) are just dumb enough to get themselves fired.

How does a "rat" acquire a passcode? Sounds like some pilots at fo (similar to flex) are just dumb enough to get themselves fired.

Guess I mis-spoke and made it hard for some to understand.
It wasn't a passcode, it was his login information and it's easy, just as you signed up for this website. You have a login and a password.
Said person signed up for a message board, the message board was similar in nature to this and to the IBT message board.
It was not the same message board as the 1108 is now.
So, simple enough, he signed up, and gave his username and password to management.

Just as your DO is spending time reading these boards and putting pieces together of who is who. It's easy for him to do, just mention where you overnighted, who you ran into, that you need to go fly right now and can't post, etc.....

He puts all the pieces together and his creating a list of who is who, who is saying what, etc....

Don't believe me, don't care, heard the words from his mouth. Said it himself, said he had be tasked with finding out who is for and against, who is saying positive, who is saying negative on these boards. Everynight he said he monitors the boards.

So they knew who this poster was, brought him on a CGF1 arrival, presented his post, and fired him.
Took some time, but he did get his job back, as he made no more a specific threat to the company than Warlord just did.

jet wash?your high school psychological profiling is, uh, sophomoric at best. Conflicted? I expect changes here, just not those that damage our pay and benefits. ............... I'm happy with my written contract...you'll be among the first to know if that changes.
WL

Wow, it's worst then I thought, the Id and the Super-ego are in a deep struggle.

Freud, help us !!!

Exaggerations? You mean like:

Personally, my attitude and service quality would decline by having to work forced overtime... but then again the FO pilots don't have to, as a direct result of having a union. Can you say that?

Flex doesn't have forced overtime.

Bottom line for me personally is I need a better reason to vote yes than just a threat of things getting bad. When you guys voted in a union things for you sucked, or so I hear. So that would have been a much easier choice and I'm glad you guys got better and pay and work rules. But we are in a totally different situation. We are not rocking net jets pay and benies but we're doing pretty good. So you say that KR might start screwing with us, but so far he hasn't. When is that going to start? I'll admit I was disappointed that we didn't get a raise this year, but we have not for the past 4 years under bombardier either so...

I understand that certain benefits comes with having a union, but there is also something to be said for the threat of a union. It's been working for us for a long time. Every time we have a union drive there are suddenly all sorts of positive changes made. And yes I fully thank net jets for what we have.

You can only have an illegal work action if you are part of a union.

Before any work action can be legal you must be in contract negotiations and released by a mediator to "self help".

It is actually illegal for a union member to promote any type of job action unless the above criteria is met.

Latest resources

Back