• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Flying Struck Work???

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
the n# on the airplane did not change. this was a former mid atlantic (usair) airplane. there are several other MA/MD tail numbers and has nothing to do with the Midex N#s

Gotcha. The picture looked like a nine. Guess it was an eight. Thanks.

So as long as it's not struck work you can just screw over another pilot group? By the way, I never used the word scab.

So as long as it's not struck work you can just screw over another pilot group? By the way, I never used the word scab.

I know you didn't, but others have. But really, what choice do Republic pilots have? Trust me, if Delta wasn't in the picture, they'd have turned out the lights at Midwest months ago. Republic isn't screwing anyone. TPG was able to jettison 16 717's. I think that's a much bigger screwjob. And if this is so groundbreaking, why aren't Frontier and Spirit doing the same thing?

Also, be very afraid after the entire MEC at Midwest get furloughed. Many of the top 100 are not very pro-union. I'd be more concerned about them screwing everyone.

I know you didn't, but others have. But really, what choice do Republic pilots have? Trust me, if Delta wasn't in the picture, they'd have turned out the lights at Midwest months ago. Republic isn't screwing anyone. TPG was able to jettison 16 717's. I think that's a much bigger screwjob. And if this is so groundbreaking, why aren't Frontier and Spirit doing the same thing?

Also, be very afraid after the entire MEC at Midwest get furloughed. Many of the top 100 are not very pro-union. I'd be more concerned about them screwing everyone.

Trust you? Republic pilots have come on this sight and rejoiced about the fact that they probably won't have to furlough due to the repositioning of the aircraft to Midwest. Seems a little cowardly doesn't it. Republic isn't screwing anyone? Ask a Midwest pilot if they think that is true. Seems that you are a little disconnected. It's easy to act helpless when your job is secure. What if the table was turned and express jet pilots were going to bring there planes to do your flying (Couldn't really happen because mainline owns all of your flying) and you were going to have to furlough because of this deal. Would you feel xjet is doing you a disservice?

Republic is still furloughing. The Midwest deal has had zero impact on that. Why, you ask? The furloughs (forgot the final number, but in the 150 range) cover the 15 E135's being sold and the handful of CRJ's being returned as leases expire. We never furloughed a number that corresponded to the loss of the above mentioned aircraft AND the parked Frontier airplanes. RAH management has been planning around this Midwest deal for a while now... we the pilots never knew what was coming, but the seemingly small furlough number indicated that we needed more pilots than projected fleet size dictated.

Anyhow, I digress. You say that Republic pilots are rejoicing because the Midwest deal has helped avoid furloughs. That is wrong. You are wrong. Perhaps in coming to grips with your incorrect information, you will begin to hate a little less and desire to learn a little more.

I stand corrected. You've furloughed some pilots. Doesn't change the fact that others have rejoiced in this flying to prevent more furloughing. If management has been planning this for a while, it still shouldn't change the reaction of your pilot group. 75% of the mainline pilots are losing there jobs because of an agreement that your management is pursuing. Be careful there. Those pilots will not be all to happy, and there have been blacklist lists' for lesser evils. Be unified and do the right thing.

Republic is still furloughing. The Midwest deal has had zero impact on that. Why, you ask? The furloughs (forgot the final number, but in the 150 range) cover the 15 E135's being sold and the handful of CRJ's being returned as leases expire. We never furloughed a number that corresponded to the loss of the above mentioned aircraft AND the parked Frontier airplanes. RAH management has been planning around this Midwest deal for a while now... we the pilots never knew what was coming, but the seemingly small furlough number indicated that we needed more pilots than projected fleet size dictated.

Anyhow, I digress. You say that Republic pilots are rejoicing because the Midwest deal has helped avoid furloughs. That is wrong. You are wrong. Perhaps in coming to grips with your incorrect information, you will begin to hate a little less and desire to learn a little more.

Actually, the top 100 or so pilots at Midwest are the most pro union. Why? Because the contract and various decisions were very heavily weighted towards seniority. Remember the original merger fund assessment was a straight dollar amount regardless of pay or seniority, which was opposed and then set to a percentage amount. The contractual pay is very heavily favoring the most senior pilots. Yearly pay increases are much greater for the very senior and the more junior pilots have a very, very tiny pay raise. The work rules for reserve are very thin and the senior lineholders have many more protections. I'm sure this is very common with most contracts, but to say the top 100 are anti union just isn't accurate in my opinion. I haven't heard any senior pilots very vocal against the union, if so, they certainly haven't spoken out against it. I have heard more junior pilots speak out very negatively against the union bias towards the very senior.

Latest resources

Back