• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
seems like a conflict

Heres the ATC controlers pet peeve:

Lrjtcaptain said:
Pilots that pull up to the hold short lines and say ready to go even when there is a plane on a 1/4 mile final
Heres the pilots pet peeve
AAsRedheadedbro said:
Ya know what's a pet peev of mine? An fo who says to me after I tell him to let the tower know we're ready, "Why? There's a guy on a half mile final. He'll just say Rog. Hold short." Hmmm. Ya think (I'm thinking)?! "Yea. I know. I just want to let him know so he'll let us go when he's got an opening instead of waiting till either I tell him I'm ready or I run outa fuel. So, give him a heads up, please. Thanks."
Interesting; youve got a pissed off pilot and an annoyed controller. These guys should talk and work their differences out.

hydroflyer said:
However the ATIS thing is a 2-way street. I can't say how many times I've called with the ATIS or heard another plane call with the ATIS on initial call only to have the controller verify the pilot has the weather. Certain controllers have a habit of this and I've just gotten used to saying it twice, it's expected.

Heres the deal with the ATIS, if you don't call in with it and you crash and its on the tapes, the SUP's are gonna wonder why he didn't have the ATIS and now im in trouble. My problem is this....a plane calls up and im writing down his callsign, his direction from the airport and distance, first thing in my head is what entry to give, and what traffic does he have. So we space out all the other junk and half the time a controller wont even hear them say the ATIS even when they did. Its an insurance policy for us. Even the IFR's with the flightstrips....everything is already written down but now I hear him call, my eyes hit the RADAR, look for the guy, and start calling traffic. Its really easy to miss.....Pilots only hear one end of it. There is a million things going on in the tower that you dont ever hear...Shout lines back and forth between ARTCC, TRACONS, FSS.....and its not always ground or data controllers talking back and forth. We miss alot as do pilots. We are only human and a radio is only so good. You bare with us, and Ill try to be a nicer controller. Deal?

:cool: Hey, no problem. The times I'm finding rather comical is calling up for taxi on a dead night and having the controller confirm the ATIS. There is no cure for it since we both have things going on at our respective ends so it is just something we will all just need to deal with. Just so long as you don't think we just aren't listening.;) I've been fortunate enough to spend some time with a controller in a tower and have seen it go from quiet to frantic in a short period of time. I try to keep that image in mind as much as possible.

Hi all,

My Pet Peeve:

Guys leaving their garbage in the airplane for the next crew to clean up...nice!

Best,
Nu

EagleRJ said:
Oh, and Skywest EMB-120 crews:
We know you're faster than the Mighty Saab, so when ATC tells you to slow to 220 for spacing, save the crying. It gets old after awhile!
If it only happened that way!

It's more like "Eagle 123 traffic 6 o'clock and 15 miles, Brasilia with a 10 knot overtake. Slow to 130 knots and turn right 30 degrees, vectors for spacing.":mad:

LAXSaabdude.

Cry me a friggin river.

Judas Priest people. Time to change your **CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED** panties. I kinda understand...it's a monthly thing with you girls.

You want pet peeves...here ya go.....whiney pu$$ies complaining about issues that take a few seconds or minutes out of their precious little lives.

You want something to complain about? I'm sittin' at the ballgame the other night and a giant moth does an inverted negative g dive right into my friggin beer.
Top that.

W:p

Dubya said:
Cry me a friggin river.
Judas Priest people. Time to change your **CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED** panties. I kinda understand...it's a monthly thing with you girls.

You want pet peeves...here ya go.....whiney pu$$ies complaining about issues that take a few seconds or minutes out of their precious little lives.

You want something to complain about? I'm sittin' at the ballgame the other night and a giant moth does an inverted negative g dive right into my friggin beer.
Wow. I'm glad you explained about the beer incident, because as I read along I was beginning to think someone had done something nasty to your Wheaties this morning.

"The other night?" And you're still grumpy about it? Talk about panties...

:rolleyes:

TonyC said:
Wow. I'm glad you explained about the beer incident, because as I read along I was beginning to think someone had done something nasty to your Wheaties this morning.

"The other night?" And you're still grumpy about it? Talk about panties...

:rolleyes:
It was my BEER! C'mon! I'm not grumpy at all! It was my BEER. hehe

Just trying to put things into perspective Tony! ;)

W:D

Plus I jump at the chance to say "panties" whenever I can. It is truly a majestic word!

W:p

Cleveland Approach microvectoring.

Getting stuck behing a Shuttle America Saab A model all the way to PIT.

Getting stuck behing an Allegheny Dash8 anytime.

Warm beer.
Especially the warm beer.

Latest resources

Back