• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Flying Over Cuba

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I always try to do the same going the other way too and give MIA ctr an estimate. Its good to do because Ive had it take a while for them the find my strip and give me my clearance.

The last time I flew down South, you were required to call ZMA 10 mins prior to entering their airspace. It was printed on the enroute chart, anyway.

Yeah, ya are supposed to call ahead by 10 minuttes or so.

We did that some years ago, but nowadays there is great comm between the US and Cuban controllers:
They know you are coming and have you on radar.
If everybody was to call ahead these days the freqs would be cluttered up.

The Freq is 120.25 and in many cases you can expect direct UCA and some other fix on the border with Kingston.

Kingston is 128.1 and they will ask your squak

All the information is on the low/high altitude enroute charts. You are supposed to call Cuba and Kingston 10 min prior to FIR entry. The frequencies are on the chart. It's good to call ZMA 10 minutes prior too, if the freq isn't too busy (yep, it's on the chart as well).

Always been impressed with the Cuban controllers. They seem to be the best out of all the Latin American controllers.

If you want to take some risks try Cenamer or Baranquellia (I'm a gringo) centers...

Latest resources

Back