Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

JohnDoe

Hi,
Anybody have any insight on flying for the US Marshal Service / JPATS (ie: what is the job like/entail)?

Having done some contract work for them, I found that the job does have some instresting good points. First Almost all of the flying is Monday through Friday with all federal holidays off. Mostly domestic on the front side of the clock. ATC works with you quite well. For the most part no problem passengers. No complains about the ride or cabin temp. Almost no baggage problems. Probabily the best airline job out there.

JohnDoe said:
Hi,
Anybody have any insight on flying for the US Marshal Service / JPATS (ie: what is the job like/entail)?
I've seen those "justice" 737's in Phoenix, is that JPATS? I got an email from my job search robot thing on the usa jobs site about working for the department of justice - you need an ATP among other things. I tried to go back to the link but it's been removed.

[SIZE=-2] AIRPLANE PILOT [/SIZE] [SIZE=-2] GS-2181-13 [/SIZE] [SIZE=-2] $72,035-$93,643 [/SIZE] [SIZE=-2] Department Of Justice/US Marshals Service [/SIZE] [SIZE=-2] US-AZ-Phoenix, AZ [/SIZE] [SIZE=-2] 12/22/2005[/SIZE]
From my understanding, the application process is based on "points". You get more points for being a veteran, so I'm guessing those jobs normally go to those fella's (and rightly so).

~wheelsup

They just switched to ex british airways 737s from their older 727's. They also fly Hawker 800's, the main base is out of KOKC. You will not only transport federal prisoners, but also illegal immigrants, so some international flying... (JPATS=Joint Prisoner and Alien Transportation System) If you are really intersted PM me with what else you want to know, I have a family member that works there...

I saw this and just had to chime in, while working charter 727's back in 1998 and a few more years, the US Marshalls rock, flying for them is great, even from the pilots point of view, they never give you a hard time, (that is the Marshalls) you fly anywhere and everywhere, you will never get a complaint from a paying passenger! I did alot of work out of Alexandria, Louisianna!

Some of the conair groups where illegal immigrants, the sad part, doing flights to Cuba or San Salvador, normally they execute these people, when they where only trying to get out of proverty to the extreme and make a better living for themselves and found their way to America!

I had a talk with one Marshall who was so distressed over the whole situation, seriously, the flying is ok though!

"so I'm guessing those jobs normally go to those fella's (and rightly so)."

And why do you think they should rightly go to those fellas?

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back