Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

FLYI warns of possible chapter 11 filing.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Rick James said:
I dont care for the 70 seat rate comment, but the concept of the story is more plausible than I care to admit.

You don't like the 70 seat comment then do something about it! I remember many Skywest guys claiming that 18 month deal was only temporary and worth it to help the company grow. The best part is many said the problem would be fixed in a short 18 moths. Over two years later and this profession has headed further down the abyss. Sad and pathetic in my book...

nimtz said:
You don't like the 70 seat comment then do something about it! I remember many Skywest guys claiming that 18 month deal was only temporary and worth it to help the company grow. The best part is many said the problem would be fixed in a short 18 moths. Over two years later and this profession has headed further down the abyss. Sad and pathetic in my book...
I'm trying to as I type this. There is more going on that I'm sure your not aware of. Unfortunately it's a massive task to fix this mistake that the pilot group made. I cant think of many airlines that are not guilty of "lowering the bar" to an extent over the past 4 years.

Rick James said:
I'm trying to as I type this. There is more going on that I'm sure your not aware of. Unfortunately it's a massive task to fix this mistake that the pilot group made. I cant think of many airlines that are not guilty of "lowering the bar" to an extent over the past 4 years.

It's bad enough that 90 seaters are even being considered to be flown at regionals, let alone for 50 seat rates? You've got to be kidding me.

Nobody has proposed flying 90-seaters for 50-seat rates. Many contracts have examples of unfortunate wording in them. Our representative body is currently in discussions with management to resolve this and other problems with our pay structure.

I find it interesting that you feel comfortable enough with your own position to act with such disgust at a theoretical scenario at SkyWest. Which company do you fly the E170 for? Care to post their pay rates? Let's see whose are more ridiculous.

RP170 said:
It's bad enough that 90 seaters are even being considered to be flown at regionals, let alone for 50 seat rates? You've got to be kidding me.
Strange thing after reading your statement, is the AC in your profile and screen name.

Per our latest email from our pilot association president, it appears that the payscales will be separate and limited to aircraft that are currently on property, not a seat range. Glad we finally got something going right after 8 months of needless dickering.

CHQ's 60-78 seat rates are not terribly impressive:
For Captains:
CHQ 60-78 / SkyWest 50
1 $54.89 / $56.03
2 $58.12 / $57.77
3 $62.07 / $59.54
4 $64.01 / $61.40
5 $65.96 / $63.29
6 $68.01 / $65.25
7 $70.11 / $67.27
8 $72.28 / $69.35
9 $74.51 / $71.49
10 $76.83 / $73.71
$1.45/ $1.60 per diem

For FO's:
(Incidentally, CHQ rates for FO's are the same for all jet types while SkyWest has substantially higher separate rates for 100-159 seat jets)
CHQ / SkyW
1 $21.52 / $19.02
2 $28.96 / $34.54
3 $33.31 / $35.61
4 $34.34 / $36.71
5 $34.34 / $37.84
6 $34.34 / $39.02
7 $34.34 / $40.23

Mongolikecandy said:
Why don't you care for the comment? SkyWest pilots already voted to fly 90 seats for 50 seat rates.

When is everyone going to understand?! SkyWest pilots don't vote on anything...they don't have a union! Management dictates to their employees how it is going to be, period. Now, to make employees feel warm and fuzzy like they actually have representation, management talks to the pilot association SAPA which has no power, use a little vasoline, and voila...the pilots feel like they actually had some say in the matter. Then later on, everyone in the industry accuses them of selling out with some crappy contract which really doesn't exist.

So, lets repeat it together. SkyWest pilots didn't vote to fly 70/90 seaters for 50 pay rates. They voted many times to not have a union. That is were the problem lies. I know many great SkyWest pilots that would never want to screw other pilots at other airlines, but they just have absolutely no say in the matter. SkyWest management is very capable of doing all the screwing...enabled of course by a low cost labor group. They are low cost because they have no contract which is generally more expensive and helps raise the bar throughout the industry. In conclusion :), it is an ongoing circle of screwing, and indeed if SkyWest management screws other pilots and airlines (not saying they do, just theoretically if they did or have or will), it is the pilots fault.

nimtz The best part is many said the problem would be fixed in a short 18 moths. Over two years later and this profession has headed further down the abyss. Sad and pathetic in my book...

Yup - 5 years ago joining the ranks of regional pukes was one of the best decisions of my life. Last May - leaving these same ranks was one of the best decisions of my life. The haydays are over - it's sad that many of our brothers and sisters either

a) will accept the flatspin career / industry
b) don't have a backup plan B standing by

Remember how first year FOs had to supplement their flying the first year or two? Soon - pilots will have to supplement their entire career to stay in the air. It's sad and too bad...and you're right: down right pathetic thanks to the pig-vomits running the buisness.

AZT

Rick James said:
Strange thing after reading your statement, is the AC in your profile and screen name.

Last time I checked the E170 has 70 seats. In no place did I mention anything about 70 seaters.

Latest resources

Back