Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Hung Start

Just the cleanup guy
FlyI stock took a big tumble today, and there are a bunch of open orders. No takers.
Is the end near?

What say ye?

Couple of more weeks till they're out of dough.

Last edited:
FLYi, Inc., a micro-cap company in the transportation sector, is expected to significantly underperform the market over the next six months with very high risk.

0.32 -0.03 -8.57%

WOW .32 cents a share at closing time friday.

There is no comming back from this.

I remember reading this board when they announced that they where cutting all ties to UAL and how excited the pilot group seemed all the talk about getting Airbuses. Didn't take long for the wheels to come off.

Sorry to all that work there.

As an amateur investor, I kind of new the wheels were coming off when I read on these boards that FLYI was having trouble getting crews to fly during a weekend that the job fairs were held. Sad, another good group of people seeing their dream hit the skids.

Anyway, even guru Jim Cramer says he will quit if he ever has to invest in an airline. Can't any of them find someone with a brain to run them as a true business?

Maybe it doesn't have anything to do with anything but there were three FlyI CRJ's parked in Oklahoma City on Wednesday with the tails painted over.

Tumbles.......huh? On Tuesday they were at .25 a share, looks like they closed today at .32 cents a a share. Last time I checked .32 cents is greater that .25 cents. If one was inclined they could have made a very nice profit day trading on penny shares.

On a side note, they are almost done the writing is on the walls, BUT they have in the past pulled out of the nose dives and survived. '96 comes to mind, they did not have the money to pay the hotels so they had to rotate hotels if they wanted to have a place for the crews to stay, they get themselves a loan from BAe and survive to live another day.

As a wise man once said "never underestimate the stupidity of the investment world". Somebody may be stupid, or shrewd, enough to bail them out of this little mess they, Skeen and Moore, got themselves into.

BTW- the three RJ's are the ones that were returned several months ago. GECAS cannot give these danged things away, NOBODY wants them. So for right now they are sitting in storage. The 50 seat market is dead, I would venture to guess the 70 seat market is the next one to go to the grave yard. CASM's are still too high in relation to the RASM's. Until the ticket price goes up or the fuel/aircraft lease rates go down, the long term prospect for any RJ is not very good. By RJ I mean anything under 120 seats. You just cannot make a small jet operate economically unless you can get people to pay more for the tickets.

Peleton said:
BTW- the three RJ's are the ones that were returned several months ago. GECAS cannot give these danged things away, NOBODY wants them. So for right now they are sitting in storage. The 50 seat market is dead

Agreed. And yet Mesaba is actually getting new CRJ's. That was cool like ten years ago.

Billy

Peleton said:
BTW- the three RJ's are the ones that were returned several months ago. GECAS cannot give these danged things away, NOBODY wants them. So for right now they are sitting in storage. The 50 seat market is dead,

Do you think the 50 seat market is dead enough that GECAS will give Indy some cash rather than collect the RJs that they can't deploy elsewhere... (lesser of two evils, so to speak)

Latest resources

Back