Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
FLYi:Have Enough Runway To Transition To Low-Cost Carrier

Tuesday February 22, 1:10 PM EST

NEW YORK (Dow Jones)--FLYi Inc. (FLYI), parent of Independence Air, has " enough additional runway" to finish its transition to a low-cost carrier now that the airline's airplane lessors agreed to new terms, executives said.

Even so, executives didn't rule out returning to fee-per-departure regional operations, and they are bidding for a deal to operate flights for UAL Corp. ( UALAQ) - the very same deal they terminated last year.

Translation: We want to be United's bitch again.

Seems that it would be difficult to return to UAL when they're dumping all those CRJ's. Now, if they were KEEPING them...

Besides, what are the odds that UAL would want to pay one of their competitors to operate for them?

MickeySlapnutz said:
Translation: We want to be United's bitch again.

Real translation: The BOD of FLYi, Inc has the feduciary responsibility to evaluate any and all offers that are presented.

I hope they are not the worn out ones. Good luck to ACA. :)

If they are coming from ACA/IDE they are all "worn out"Today 12:32

Sad to think of a 7-9 year old jet airliner as "worn out". Would you ever refer to seven year old 737 as "worn out"?

NEDude said:
Sad to think of a 7-9 year old jet airliner as "worn out". Would you ever refer to seven year old 737 as "worn out"?

I think it's fair to say that Boeing products are built to last longer than any RJ... :D

j41driver said:
Real translation: The BOD of FLYi, Inc has the feduciary responsibility to evaluate any and all offers that are presented.

Real-Real translation: The way I read it...they did not have any "offer" to evaluate. The BOD of FLYi wanted to play big airline and now must beg to come back to suckle the teet of UAL while they skip payments and furlough employees.

Gentlemen.....these guys sold you a fairytale that had zero chance of working. Now they are just makeing fools of themselfs with these childish press conferences. The ship is sinking...the iceberg you hit is real...we all saw it comeing...just get in a lifeboat and paddle away from the sinking wreck lest it suck you down with it.

Last edited:
MickeySlapnutz, serving flightinfo members since 2/13/05 with such gems of wisdom as:
-jetblue pilots are disgruntled (so he heard)
-united is cheating
-independence management is a bunch of dip**CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED**s (since they tried to restructure their business without asking for employee concessions)

all the while using such witty rejoinders as, and i quote... fool, joke, bitch, teet [sic], suck, clowns, crappy, girls, goat-rope, lousy, stupid, bullstien [sic], d!ick [sic], ho, etc.

all this in 17 posts. congratulations. i'll bet once we get to know you you're a real swell guy though.

Now, if they could just dump the 70 or so RJs that are left and replace them immediately with A319s.......

Bye Bye--General Lee

rptrain said:
MickeySlapnutz, serving flightinfo members since 2/13/05 with such gems of wisdom as:
-jetblue pilots are disgruntled (so he heard)
-united is cheating
-independence management is a bunch of dip**CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED**s (since they tried to restructure their business without asking for employee concessions)

all the while using such witty rejoinders as, and i quote... fool, joke, bitch, teet [sic], suck, clowns, crappy, girls, goat-rope, lousy, stupid, bullstien [sic], d!ick [sic], ho, etc.

all this in 17 posts. congratulations. i'll bet once we get to know you you're a real swell guy though.

Your right.....what was I thinking. I'm turning over a new leaf. From now on its all milk and honey. Those guys running FLYi/United/USAir/AA/JB etc etc. are all first class. That idea of flying RJ's at 50% load....top shelf. Takeing employees wages and pensions....class act.

I'm back on the reservation and touting the company line from here on in.

MickeySlapnutz said:
Your right.....what was I thinking. I'm turning over a new leaf. From now on its all milk and honey. Those guys running FLYi/United/USAir/AA/JB etc etc. are all first class. That idea of flying RJ's at 50% load....top shelf. Takeing employees wages and pensions....class act.

I'm back on the reservation and touting the company line from here on in.

Ok genious, its easy to complain and whine and yell. I know you are angry about something, btw, how do you work for again?

But why don't you post your solution to the "problems" you have with the industry and support it with solid economic theories. It's easy to whine and complain, but I'm really curious to see if you have the brain to solve the problems. Go at it buddy. How would you get things back to the way they used to be, cause it's obvious you can't let go of the past. Let's hear the great mickey slapnutz how to fix the industry talk. Come on buddy, bring it on.

Latest resources

Back