FLYI Restructures

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Indypilot said:
Ok genious, its easy to complain and whine and yell. I know you are angry about something, btw, how do you work for again?

That's the old Mickeyslapnuz your refering to. The new Mickey is all on board and drinking the kool aid. As for my sound economic theory on how to fix FLYi.....perhaps you missed my last press release.

"I see light at the end of the tunnel," Mickeyslpanutz said in a conference call. "I feel good about where our costs are going ... I am extremely bullish."

Slapnutz said he is encouraged by FLYi's growth. He said the airline is filling its planes with more passengers, thanks to distribution deals he struck in recent months with travel sites after he realized selling tickets just though his web site was not enough.

I work for the shareholders of FLYi who have demonstrated confidence in our business model and the dedicated employees who have made FLYi the model of success as we move forward with our transition to a low-coast carrier. I am extremely bullish.

"As for my sound economic theory on how to fix FLYi"

I didn't ask how to fix flyi, I asked how you would fix the industry. It is obvious you are disgruntled about something. Why don't you just tell us what it is, and then tell us how to fix it. Or can't you?

So you want to complain, but you cant argue your position. Keep on complaining, cause no one is listening.

"It is obvious you are disgruntled about something. Why don't you just tell us what it is, and then tell us how to fix it. "

Not enough lollypops and daisy's as a kid.

As for FLYi......I am extremely bullish.

j41driver said:
Real translation: The BOD of FLYi, Inc has the feduciary responsibility to evaluate any and all offers that are presented.

I agree, there's no way we would go back to United...

CRJ's--->gone
F/O's--->gone
morale-->gone

and most of all....our price is too expensive and our corporate culture has formed an anti-United feel to the organization. Anyone remember the FLYI kick-off press party in Nov. 2003? It was that blatent.

FLYI is a good concept...but w/ US Air and United still getting help from GWB, we are in serious trouble. What amazes me is that even after people get furloughed, they are still drinking the kool-aid believing they will be recalled...

"the doors" song "ship of fools" comes too mind...

House_X said:
I agree, there's no way we would go back to United...

CRJ's--->gone
F/O's--->gone
morale-->gone

and most of all....our price is too expensive and our corporate culture has formed an anti-United feel to the organization. Anyone remember the FLYI kick-off press party in Nov. 2003? It was that blatent.

FLYI is a good concept...but w/ US Air and United still getting help from GWB, we are in serious trouble. What amazes me is that even after people get furloughed, they are still drinking the kool-aid believing they will be recalled...

"the doors" song "ship of fools" comes too mind...

Was the kickoff press party any fun? I did'nt get an invite.

rptrain said:
MickeySlapnutz, serving flightinfo members since 2/13/05 with such gems of wisdom as:
-jetblue pilots are disgruntled (so he heard)
-united is cheating
-independence management is a bunch of dip**CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED**s (since they tried to restructure their business without asking for employee concessions)

all the while using such witty rejoinders as, and i quote... fool, joke, bitch, teet [sic], suck, clowns, crappy, girls, goat-rope, lousy, stupid, bullstien [sic], d!ick [sic], ho, etc.

all this in 17 posts. congratulations. i'll bet once we get to know you you're a real swell guy though.

You forgot "take it like a man"

Indypilot said:
But why don't you post your solution to the "problems" you have with the industry and support it with solid economic theories.

1) Reregulate the airlines and guarantee some profit margins.
2) Convince these kids coming out of ERAU to stop flying for peanuts because they think building PIC time for the majors is the only form of compensation that matters.

I was always told it was the unions fault the airlines don't do well....lol

No I blame the customer for the lack of revenue. They want everything but don't want to pay $5 or $10 dollars more per ticket. They (customers)want Low cost for a "full serve" airline. Maybe we are heading towards a "self Serve" Airline industry were the passenger slides his/her card into a slot and a "blow up" of a pilot and flight Attendent inflate. They walk into a Cattle car and suddenly it races down a paved road and lifts into the air and they "just appear" at their destination safe and sound for $50 bucks.

vmc-hound said:
I was always told it was the unions fault the airlines don't do well....lol

No I blame the customer for the lack of revenue. They want everything but don't want to pay $5 or $10 dollars more per ticket. They (customers)want Low cost for a "full serve" airline. Maybe we are heading towards a "self Serve" Airline industry were the passenger slides his/her card into a slot and a "blow up" of a pilot and flight Attendent inflate. They walk into a Cattle car and suddenly it races down a paved road and lifts into the air and they "just appear" at their destination safe and sound for $50 bucks.

I agree! I saw on TV and heard on the radio that people want to pay 40 bucks to go from abc to xyz. People are cheap :)

Latest resources

Back