FLYi...kicking butt!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
j41driver said:
There you go, Mickey...care to explain that?

Sure....SouthWest has never had load factor as part of the equation. It the high frequency of flights that makes them money. Check it out for yourself.......you will see they have historicaly been about 10% below industry average load factor. But lets not forget....they are not filling RJ's to 60%, FLYi has that honor.

Last edited:
737 Pylt said:
I for one would like to see Flyi survive. However, in today's environment, it just looks really bad for them. I truly wish them the best of luck.

Well look at you. Aren't you the REAL Mother Teresa.....

Of course we'd all like to see EVERYONE succeed...... but then the fantasy show ends and reality begins..... again.

But....... to point out that the business plan is ignorant... and that there are people making alot of $$$ off of this idiotic business plan.... coupled with the absurdity of other viable businesses sinking piles of $$$ into this ridiculous idea.... well that is where my sympathy ends.... period.

Anyone who acts surprised and suddenly fake shocked sympathy when this ridiculous "poker game" is over and YOU ALL have paid the ultimate price..... they are the ones who need slapped.

"I wonder how many more passengers Indy would have carried had there actually been 3 more days in Feburary...and that is with less available seats than Jan!"

My point exactly. Less airplane seats to fill and 3 less days than the month before, thus, your LF is inflated by the seats available reduction.
So lets look at it this way....FLYi reduced capacity by 25% and only got a 17% increas in load factor. In comparison...CAL had a 4% LF increas on a 1% capacity decrease. Most others who decrease capacity see about the same numbers 3-4%LF increase per .5-1% capacity decrease. Do the math guys.....FLYi should have filled those RJ's well into the 80%. Its only a 50 seat airplane...you cant survive long with 31 pax per aircraft per daparture on average.

Well jeeeze Angus,

Your right on top of things. Hell, YOU should be at the top of management. I'll be willing to bet you could turn a profit in 15, 20 days. Running an airline in this day and age is just so **CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED** easy. Anybody can do it, and make money. It's fun! Easy!

You've got the answers man! I sure wish you were running my joint......

lowslow said:
Well jeeeze Angus,

Your right on top of things. Hell, YOU should be at the top of management. I'll be willing to bet you could turn a profit in 15, 20 days. Running an airline in this day and age is just so **CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED** easy. Anybody can do it, and make money. It's fun! Easy!

You've got the answers man! I sure wish you were running my joint......

Hey....thas kinda what Kerry Skeen said at the "Kick off" party.

With all the negative threads about FlyI started by Mickey you'd think there might be a history there. Bad blood -- kicked out of a jumpseat? brought some stock a year or two ago ... ?

Anus said:
Well look at you. Aren't you the REAL Mother Teresa.....

Not really, just not wishing anyone else out of work. I know they have furloughed over half their workforce, and most, if not all copilots there now were once cpt's. That sucks!

Of course we'd all like to see EVERYONE succeed...... but then the fantasy show ends and reality begins..... again.

Mister optomism.....I mean pessimism. Sounds like you show where you stand re: their survival. Shame on you

But....... to point out that the business plan is ignorant... and that there are people making alot of $$$ off of this idiotic business plan.... coupled with the absurdity of other viable businesses sinking piles of $$$ into this ridiculous idea.... well that is where my sympathy ends.... period.

Another arm chair CEO. Tell us all Anus....I mean Einstein, what would you do, you seem to have all the answers.

Anyone who acts surprised and suddenly fake shocked sympathy when this ridiculous "poker game" is over and YOU ALL have paid the ultimate price..... they are the ones who need slapped.

You are a total ass! All this BS over my commenting to wish them luck. Look d1ckhead, go back to playing with model airplanes. Your keyboard is writing checks your brain can't cash!

Mr. Movie Quotes... LOL!!

737 Pylt said:
You are a total ass! All this BS over my commenting to wish them luck. Look d1ckhead, go back to playing with model airplanes. Your keyboard is writing checks your brain can't cash!

YGTBSM!! Are you serious... using that line?? LOL!! What line will you use next?? Try.... "You can't handle the truth"!

LOL!!

Angus said:
YGTBSM!! Are you serious... using that line?? LOL!! What line will you use next?? Try.... "You can't handle the truth"!

LOL!!

How about you are an asshole!

The bottom line is at 50 bucks a barallel for oil few business plans are sustainable. Much less a lowfare outfit flying RJ's and few Buses. Load factor won't equate to anything until that cost comes down. That's the evil reality of this industry right now. Opening those west coast markets might seem like a good idea, but the start-up of costs of that seem pretty high for only a few flights. Nevertheless cheering a company's demise is low class.

Latest resources

Back