FLYi...kicking butt!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Sure thing.

I should be flying with some of your furloughed guys and gals soon, and I have heard good things about them so far. Anyway, good luck.

ATRCA said:
Sure thing.

I should be flying with some of your furloughed guys and gals soon, and I have heard good things about them so far. Anyway, good luck.

We have (had) a really great group of people. The CVG folks that I flew with for the past 3 years were some of the finest people I've met. You will enjoy flying with them.

you guys are shakey at first but you will bounce back. OH and just like the ATRCA I am another one of those ATR Drivers. And what he said I totally agree with. GOOD LUCK. Just don't mind those ugly, bitter people in the industry.

Last edited:
Did any of those airlines start with 87 airplanes on day one? Seriously doubt it. We had to...they were already here.

Nor did they start with fuel spiking to over $50/barrel. The rise in load factor is a huge jump and a great sign. Hope you make it.

J41driver,

Nice to see the improvement. Best wishes to you guys and all the good luck you can get. This Comair guy wants to see you succeed.

Never mind the critics, most of them are just full of envy or think they have something to gain if you don't make it. Either that or they're part of the UAL folks that just don't think anyone can survive without them.

Regards.

MickeySlapnutz said:
Independence Air Chairman and CEO Kerry Skeen said, "February was the first month we operated under a newly restructured schedule at our Washington Dulles hub, and we are very pleased with the results." Independence Air load factor for February was 62.9 percent.FLYi posted a fourth-quarter loss of $86 million.

Yikes!!!! 50 seat airplanes just over half full. If they had 31 days in Feb....I'll bet they would be under 60% load factor. Man...it just gets worse and worse. But it is fun to listen to CEO Kerry Skeen, a visionary leader, try to pass off this pig as a silk purse. Loseing just under a million a day and the lowest load factor in the industry....yep.....all is well.

Hey Dumbnutz,

Care to look at the passenger emplanement comparison between Jan 05 and Feb 05?

02/2005 -- 399,436 passengers carried
01/2005 -- 361,414 passengers carried
...............---------
.................38,022 more passengers carried in Feb than Jan

I wonder how many more passengers Indy would have carried had there actually been 3 more days in Feburary...and that is with less available seats than Jan! Indy is far from being out of the woods, but at least call good news good when you see it. I think you must be a visionary too, you must have a good view of your large intestine.

http://www.flyi.com/company/pressarchive/2005/jan/020405.htm
http://www.flyi.com/company/pressarchive/2005/mar/030305.htm

Carl_Everett said:
Hey Dumbnutz,

Care to look at the passenger emplanement comparison between Jan 05 and Feb 05?

02/2005 -- 399,436 passengers carried
01/2005 -- 361,414 passengers carried
...............---------
.................38,022 more passengers carried in Feb than Jan

I wonder how many more passengers Indy would have carried had there actually been 3 more days in Feburary...and that is with less available seats than Jan! Indy is far from being out of the woods, but at least call good news good when you see it. I think you must be a visionary too, you must have a good view of your large intestine.

http://www.flyi.com/company/pressarchive/2005/jan/020405.htm
http://www.flyi.com/company/pressarchive/2005/mar/030305.htm

So... with all this success I guess you will be recalling and getting pay raises..... huh?:rolleyes: Look out everyone.........!

Put lipstick and a dress on that pig of yours and you can even name it Shirley.... but guess what.... you still got a swine on your hands.........

I for one would like to see Flyi survive. However, in today's environment, it just looks really bad for them. I truly wish them the best of luck.

Latest resources

Back