Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

MickeySlapnutz

I just wanna be loved....
Independence Air Chairman and CEO Kerry Skeen said, "February was the first month we operated under a newly restructured schedule at our Washington Dulles hub, and we are very pleased with the results." Independence Air load factor for February was 62.9 percent.FLYi posted a fourth-quarter loss of $86 million.

Yikes!!!! 50 seat airplanes just over half full. If they had 31 days in Feb....I'll bet they would be under 60% load factor. Man...it just gets worse and worse. But it is fun to listen to CEO Kerry Skeen, a visionary leader, try to pass off this pig as a silk purse. Loseing just under a million a day and the lowest load factor in the industry....yep.....all is well.

MickeySlapnutz said:
Independence Air Chairman and CEO Kerry Skeen said, "February was the first month we operated under a newly restructured schedule at our Washington Dulles hub, and we are very pleased with the results." Independence Air load factor for February was 62.9 percent.FLYi posted a fourth-quarter loss of $86 million.

Yikes!!!! 50 seat airplanes just over half full. If they had 31 days in Feb....I'll bet they would be under 60% load factor. Man...it just gets worse and worse. But it is fun to listen to CEO Kerry Skeen, a visionary leader, try to pass off this pig as a silk purse. Loseing just under a million a day and the lowest load factor in the industry....yep.....all is well.

Compare it to January and you can see an improvement. I'm definately not a Kool-Aid drinker but what was the average LF in the first year at JetBlue, AirTran or Southwest?

j41driver said:
Compare it to January and you can see an improvement. I'm definately not a Kool-Aid drinker but what was the average LF in the first year at JetBlue, AirTran or Southwest?

Beats me...but none of the above mentioned airlines had to shrink, sell airplanes, furlough half their pilots, beg for lease relief from creditors, default on lease payments and cut their schedule in half during their first 8 months of ops.

MickeySlapnutz said:
Beats me...but none of the above mentioned airlines had to shrink, sell airplanes, furlough half their pilots, beg for lease relief from creditors, default on lease payments and cut their schedule in half during their first 8 months of ops.

Did any of those airlines start with 87 airplanes on day one? Seriously doubt it. We had to...they were already here. It hasn't worked well with all of those CRJs so were removing some of them from the fleet. Did you expect us to be as big and well known as United or Delta in 6 months??

Last edited:
Southwest was only just better!!

Southwest Airlines shows 9 percent traffic gain

[font=Times New Roman,Times,Serif]Southwest Airlines Co. Wednesday announced the airline showed increased traffic for February.

http://[img]http://ad.doubleclick.n...e5;sz=300x250;ord=cxadte,bbcozehsjWooK?[/img] The Dallas-based airline flew 4 billion revenue passenger miles (RPM) in February, a 9.2 percent increase from the 3.7 billion RPM flown in February 2004.

Available seat miles (ASMs) increased 7.3 percent to 6.3 billion from the February 2004 total of 5.9 billion. The load factor for the month was 63.3 percent, compared with 62.2 percent for the same period last year.

Southwest (NYSE: LUV) has a major presence at Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport operating out of Terminal 4. And starting on March 8, Southwest will be operating out of a new concourse in Terminal 4 with eight new gates.

[/font]

Rottweiller said:
Southwest Airlines shows 9 percent traffic gain

[font=Times New Roman,Times,Serif]Southwest Airlines Co. Wednesday announced the airline showed increased traffic for February.

The Dallas-based airline flew 4 billion revenue passenger miles (RPM) in February, a 9.2 percent increase from the 3.7 billion RPM flown in February 2004.

Available seat miles (ASMs) increased 7.3 percent to 6.3 billion from the February 2004 total of 5.9 billion. The load factor for the month was 63.3 percent, compared with 62.2 percent for the same period last year.

Southwest (NYSE: LUV) has a major presence at Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport operating out of Terminal 4. And starting on March 8, Southwest will be operating out of a new concourse in Terminal 4 with eight new gates.
[/font]

There you go, Mickey...care to explain that?

j41driver said:
There you go, Mickey...care to explain that?

Wow!! Based on your theory... FLYI is kicking SWA's behind. Who knew?! I wonder if SWA is going to have to rethink their whole stategy now........ with FLYI beating them and all........:rolleyes:

How do I apply to this Dulles based powerhouse????

Angus said:
Wow!! Based on your theory... FLYI is kicking SWA's behind.

That's absolutely not what I'm saying. No need to put words in my mouth. Mickey was highlighting our 62.9% LF and SW's 63.3% wasn't much better this month.

We've had our struggles in the first 6 months of operation and we've made necessary changes to our original business model. Hopefully it will begin our turn around. We'll see.

I don't get it, why are you guys kicking FLYI while their down? I'm personally rooting for them. I hope things work out and any good news is good news, know what I mean?

Ugly industry full of ugly people I guess.

Latest resources

Back