• NC Software is having a Black Friday Sale Event thru December 4th on Logbook Pro, APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook, Cirrus Elite Binders, and more. Use coupon code BF2020 at checkout to redeem 15% off your purchase. Click here to shop now.
  • NC Software is proud to announce the release of APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook version 10.0. Click here to view APDL on the Apple App store and install now.

FLYi has $66M in unrestricted cash, after losing $91M

lowecur

Well-known member
Joined
Sep 14, 2003
Posts
2,317
Total Time
na

labbats

Zulu who?
Joined
May 25, 2003
Posts
2,593
Total Time
9000
If I had a nickel for every time someone posted that an airline was done, I'd be retired.
 

airlinepilot

Well-known member
Joined
Apr 19, 2002
Posts
481
Total Time
7700
Anyone at IFLy

Sounds like they are spending about 1 Mil each day they operate. How may RJ's and 319 do they have? Have many Pilots? Has there been any mention or more furloughs?
 

zkmayo

Well-known member
Joined
Apr 16, 2002
Posts
342
Total Time
9000+
Actually, it was $98.5 million they lost, but at that point that's just rubbing salt in the wound.

At ACA's peak, they had 1620 pilots. Now somewhere around 750-800 with around 150 of the missing on mil rsv and voluntarily furloughs. the rest were furloughed outright. A large # were demoted to FO due to downsizing.

currently have 12 A319s and 58 CRJs. Prob going to lose 8 more CRJs to GE in Sept. Future 319 deliveries have been deferred due to $.

I am extremely fortunate to have moved on to greener pastures. I wish everyone there the best of luck.
 

aa73

Well-known member
Joined
Oct 12, 2004
Posts
2,075
Total Time
10K
ZK- are you from New Zealand by chance?

Good luck to the Blue Ridge...

73, former Blueridger
 

Jim Smyth

Well-known member
Joined
Oct 13, 2004
Posts
603
Total Time
20K
Doesnt surprise me a bit. From all the newspaper articles you read they have been selling seats for under cost. This not only hurts them but all the other airlines in the markets they compete in. I feel sorry for the employees since I have been there and done that but a shake out is underway!
 

Rez O. Lewshun

Save the Profession
Joined
Jan 19, 2004
Posts
13,422
Total Time
X>X
I recall Indy Air telling us how ...if UAL would pay thier passengers $20 not to fly UAL they wouldn't lose as much money...
 

zkmayo

Well-known member
Joined
Apr 16, 2002
Posts
342
Total Time
9000+
aa73,

No, im not from NZ, but I believe we have a mutual friend, MP, who is and is former ACA too. He's now at Capital Cargo.
 

Propblast

Well-known member
Joined
Jan 22, 2004
Posts
106
Total Time
6200

MarylandONE

Active member
Joined
Jul 31, 2005
Posts
43
Total Time
LOTS
Propblast said:
DH represents only .6% of all domestic lift. The demise of the company won't even be noticed in the industry.

Have a nice day,

PB

Flyi fares and United matching them has taken 6% of business away from BWI. I'd love to see their demise and BWI would love it too.
 

Mugs

Well-known member
Joined
May 14, 2003
Posts
500
Total Time
8,800
MarylandONE said:
Flyi fares and United matching them has taken 6% of business away from BWI. I'd love to see their demise and BWI would love it too.


You are a complete a$$. Looks like the DB failed to weed out a real jerk. While they are a competitor, I don't cherish the thought of them losing their jobs if it comes to that. You are really arrogant if you don't sit back and think about how your own career could have worked out differently and put you in the same position.
 

roughneck

Well-known member
Joined
Jun 28, 2002
Posts
558
Total Time
15000
Maryland One doesn't work for us! He is the same jackass that got run off this board for acting like he did. He is back with a different name. Joined July 05.
 

General Lee

Well-known member
Joined
Aug 24, 2002
Posts
20,442
Total Time
A lot
Indy also postponed 6 Airbus delieveries, which gave them an additional $31 million from Airbus as a refund. That boosted their cash a tad bit more. But, with high fuel prices for all of us, it will be interesting to see how long that lasts. I think there will be more than just one or two carriers seeking protection from the courts this Fall.


Bye Bye--General Lee
 

House_X

House X by Peter Eisenman
Joined
Dec 18, 2001
Posts
489
Total Time
7000
General Lee said:
Indy also postponed 6 Airbus delieveries, which gave them an additional $31 million from Airbus as a refund. That boosted their cash a tad bit more. But, with high fuel prices for all of us, it will be interesting to see how long that lasts. I think there will be more than just one or two carriers seeking protection from the courts this Fall.


Bye Bye--General Lee


like...



D E L T A






 

General Lee

Well-known member
Joined
Aug 24, 2002
Posts
20,442
Total Time
A lot
No doubt there chief. Time to get cleaned up and get rid of some debt. You have a great day and keep rubbing yourself.


Bye Bye--General Lee
 

miles otoole

Well-known member
Joined
May 7, 2004
Posts
948
Total Time
10k+
General Lee said:
No doubt there chief. Time to get cleaned up and get rid of some debt. You have a great day and keep rubbing yourself.


Bye Bye--General Lee

The cleaning up will include an enema with a firehose.
 

House_X

House X by Peter Eisenman
Joined
Dec 18, 2001
Posts
489
Total Time
7000
General Lee said:
No doubt there chief. Time to get cleaned up and get rid of some debt. You have a great day and keep rubbing yourself.


Bye Bye--General Lee


Yeah....but I'm not the one with a 5 bedroom house morgage, 3 ex-wives, 5 kids going to college, etc...

Remember...I'm a low-life regional guy...contributing to the race to the bottom. I was broke yesterday, I'm broke today, and tomorrow-->still broke.

CH11 doesn't make a diff. to me...either way, I'll be hanging out in Bucktown in the "City of Broad Shoulders" drinkin' PBR's on $1 night and wondering "what the #ell am I doin' in this biz"...and the way things are going I'll have lots of company.

The PBR is on me...
 

General Lee

Well-known member
Joined
Aug 24, 2002
Posts
20,442
Total Time
A lot
House_X said:
Yeah....but I'm not the one with a 5 bedroom house morgage, 3 ex-wives, 5 kids going to college, etc...

Remember...I'm a low-life regional guy...contributing to the race to the bottom. I was broke yesterday, I'm broke today, and tomorrow-->still broke.

CH11 doesn't make a diff. to me...either way, I'll be hanging out in Bucktown in the "City of Broad Shoulders" drinkin' PBR's on $1 night and wondering "what the #ell am I doin' in this biz"...and the way things are going I'll have lots of company.

The PBR is on me...

I have one wife, no kids, and one house. I didn't over extend myself. Some people have, and that was their fault.


Bye Bye--General Lee
 

Draginass

Well-known member
Joined
Nov 29, 2001
Posts
1,852
Total Time
5000+
Flying high cost RJs without the guaranteed profit from a FFD contract is not a survivable business plan. FYI will be history soon.
 
Top