• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

FLYI guys who need a ride

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
FYI. Terminated, furloughed, on strike and company shutdown(ed) pilots cannot occupy the flight deck. So give em rides in the cabin only.... I know I will

Well Rez, considering IAir is not CASS, they are not authorized in the cockpit anyway.

Hence, they will have normal OMC privleges thru Jan. 9.

miles otoole said:
Right over your head, I aplogize if you assumed wrong, but maybe you have been in the industry a little too long to recognize it. Sorry you're so bitter. It was slanted toward AAAs golden parachute management who have been known for taking public shots at FlyI.

In the business too long... probably; only 30 years left ;-) I did miss the mark on your post, and sincerely apologize for my less than professional reply.

flatspin7 said:
ExpressJet just put out a message for all FlyI guys... You guys are more than welcome in my Jumpseat.

Good Luck to all.
You guys took a risk when facing the down ward pressure of the Mesa's and Shaniquas ... and gave it a good go... I'm sorry it didn't work.

Are you retarded??
They went out of Business because of a faulty business plan. Even the pilots will tell you that. If you are blaming mesa and chq for FLYI's "pressure to break away/demise", rope in every other carrier that brought people from the point A to point B that INDY served as well.

By the way, you're a contract carrier too. And currently getting B!tchslapped by CAL much like ACA did by United. Your carrier has as much of a choice as they did. Please don't throw stones from your glass house. One day you'll have to stop blaming every other carrier for YOUR carriers problems, let alone others!

Traumahawk said:
...By the way, you're a contract carrier too. And currently getting B!tchslapped by CAL much like ACA did by United. Your carrier has as much of a choice as they did. Please don't throw stones from your glass house. One day you'll have to stop blaming every other carrier for YOUR carriers problems, let alone others!

Not too fast there, Traumahawk. Time will tell who's slappin' whom between CAL and XJT. I have a feeling the beancounters at CAL stepped on their collective peckers with that CPA drawdown announcement. They'll get exactly what they pay for... if they want continued world-class service they'll learn it only comes from a world-class operation. XJT, on the other hand, is now free to persue other business and truly holds the cards.

Thanks for the offers of a lift. As a former indy pilot myself, I know that there are a lot of folks out there who appreciate it. It's pretty amazing to see the occassional unity that occurs with an event like this- company's and pilots from all over have been calling offering job fairs and jumpseats and just general good will. Thanks. ~Josh

No official communications from the company (Pinnacle) yet, but as long as I don't get something that specifically tells me not to let Indy guys on, then I'll certainly give you a ride.

You're welcome on Comair anytime. We'll do whatever we can to help you guys out. Got the official "OK" today!

Latest resources

Back