• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

FLYi Cancels flights Aug 20

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Yeah, that's really surprising. I wish ya'll were doing better and would be around longer. It seems like a really good bunch of people to work with. I wish everyone the best of luck with the job fair and keeping your airline going. I may be at the next job fair if our unions don't get their sh%t together. Teamsters suk!!

parrothead said:
Yeah, that's really surprising. I wish ya'll were doing better and would be around longer. It seems like a really good bunch of people to work with. I wish everyone the best of luck with the job fair and keeping your airline going. I may be at the next job fair if our unions don't get their sh%t together. Teamsters suk!!

Your union is really dragging it's feet... but that is for another thread.

j41driver said:
From a Chief Pilot message the other day:

"This weekend and the job fair in DC looms close. My apologies for mentioning this again, as I know you have seen several communications about this already. As an update, we have granted leave to every person who has requested to attend the job fair, and have cancelled – at this writing – about 90 flights for Saturday. If you plan to go and have not talked to a chief pilot PLEASE call today so that we can plan our staffing accordingly. We are very concerned about the Airbus operation as well as the CRJ schedule, and have asked - for any pilots who are able - to please help cover flights this weekend. It occurred to me that you may be attending the job fair, and yet may still find yourself available by the end of the day on Saturday or Sunday. If it is at all possible to help us cover Saturday night overnights, please contact crew scheduling and come help us keep the sched going, even if it is at the last minute. If you volunteer to come in you will NOT be extended without your permission!! Doing so helps support the rest of the pilot group as well as the company, and I want to thank everyone in advance who will be helping recover from the challenges posed this weekend. One other note, the chief pilots will all be flying this weekend, and as a result there will not be much office coverage."

This is perhaps the most understanding and thoughtful message I have ever seen from ANY aviation manager. Nice to see these types of people exist, and when they do very few of them make it in to a management role...

All I can say is wow!! Never thought I'd see an airline's management allow something like this. I guess that even FlyI management is acknowledging that the end may be near. Best of luck to everyone involved. It shouldn't have to end this way. :(

Well the CP might have been all understanding and lovey-dovey, but the President/COO isn't quite as happy about it. If you want to hear more of the "pilots suck and it's always going to be their fault when something doesn't go right" rhetoric, he's the man.

Patriot328 said:
Well the CP might have been all understanding and lovey-dovey, but the President/COO isn't quite as happy about it. If you want to hear more of the "pilots suck and it's always going to be their fault when something doesn't go right" rhetoric, he's the man.

866-465-9309

866-465-9309

Holy smokes - I was a little bored so I listened to that. This message is a case study in how not to be a leader. What a bunch of whiny drivel. This guy's tone and attitude give off the exact opposite message he wanted to deliver.

Latest resources

Back