• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

kingairyahoo

my old job...
hey all,

does anyone here live on an airport? i mean physically ON an airport. in researching private airstrips to build on, we have yet to find a whole lot of info. anything west of the rockies is fair game, but the cali/nevada area is preferred. the few we have found have been expensive as hell for a little tiny lot. any links/info you have, good, bad, or ugly would be appreciated.

...thanks!

I grew up in an airport community in Central VA. I really did enjoy it and the enviroment. It was rather small with 11 homes surrounding a 2300X300 grass strip. Mainly, all retired airline pilots lived in the community. The only down side was the twice a year fun of mowing the runway. Everybody was on a rotation.

As a result it is my dream to live on an airport again!

Not much info for you but it is nice to talk about:)

James

i wonder if theres a website...

My teacher has one on the snake river in Idaho.He flies his RV into and plans on retireing there.I have yet to find out where is it exactly.

If you dont like the prices you find, here is an option.

Find yourself about 1000 acres of useless dirt and build an airpark. After you sell the other lots, yours will be free. You might even make some money. The best part is you dont need to really know much about it. All it takes is an idea and hire the right people with the smarts needed.
Live the American Dream

Capthuff said:

...theres a good one, thanks!

Capthuff said:
If you dont like the prices you find, here is an option.

Find yourself about 1000 acres of useless dirt and build an airpark. After you sell the other lots, yours will be free. You might even make some money. The best part is you dont need to really know much about it. All it takes is an idea and hire the right people with the smarts needed.
Live the American Dream

lol...wait a second, arent you the guy who didnt think a caravan could go 200mph ;)

Metro752 said:
www.jumbolair.com .............. found in the middle of nowhere in beautiful rural Ocala, FL (thats if you think cars on C-ment blocks is purdy )

blech...florida, been there, done that and got the hell out as soon as i could. WEST of the rockies man, WEST :D

Latest resources

Back