• Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

islandhopper

Clone War veteran
http://www.guampdn.com/article/20110619/NEWS01/106190317

Fly Guam to start flights to Palau

Fly Guam on July 18 will start a twice-weekly service between Guam and Palau.

The flights, scheduled for every Monday and Thursday morning, expand the airline's existing operations, which include routes to Saipan and Hong Kong, Fly Guam said in a press release.

Fly Guam Chief Executive Officer Jeffrey Stern said the airline's passenger loads have increased dramatically over the last three months of flying.

Fly Guam is a public charter based out of Hong Kong and is a joint venture with Sky King, a California-based company. The charter's first flight took off on March 4 of this year.

"We've transported over 6,000 passengers and our operations are going very smoothly. With the summer vacation beginning, now is a good time to open up a new route to Palau," Stern said in a press release.

The flight time to Palau is 2 hours, but Fly Guam will offer a full Chamorro-style breakfast meal service designed by local chef Peter Duenas, the release stated. This is part of the airline's emphasis on the island feeling when conducting business. Kina Taitano, a sales executive for the company, has described Fly Guam as "a local carrier with international service."

Also, found on climbto350.com this job posting;

June 18, 2011
SKY KING AIRLINES (B737-200 & 400 Captains & First Officers - Guam and/or Miami, Florida)

Tel: NO CALLS

Email: Click here to Apply
Web Site: http://www.flyskyking.net

They want "recent 737 experience" and 1000 PIC for an August 1st class.

From what I hear about half of the last class actually had 737 experience.

I know that wasn't the case in the class that is in the sim now. I think 1 Aloha guy had 737 experience and there was a guy from Pace. I only know one person in the newest class and they were from Comair.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back