Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Grim Reaper said:
Domicile list updated 8 June.

SEA, SLC, and LAS are on the tier 1 list as of that update.

No. These are still tier 2 airports.

HS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grim Reaper
Domicile list updated 8 June.

SEA, SLC, and LAS are on the tier 1 list as of that update.

No. These are still tier 2 airports.

HS

Since SFO and DEN are the closest, they're basically saying that they don't want to hire anyone in the Pacific NW. SEA certainly has more flights and flexibility than IND. Also, IND is a tier 1 and CVG is not? BNA being a tier 1 is also a bit strange too.

Genius MBA's we have (spoken like Yoda being sarcastic)

The management here is like 4 monkeys trying to fvck a football.

They is no such thing as junior or senior.....you get hired into a specific Tier 1 airport they are hiring for at the moment. For example, the last new hire class were all hired into the ATL domicile...meaning you had to live in or move to ATL as your domicile. Last time I checked they were only hiring into the SFO and DAL domiciles.....you have to check the website to see which they're hiring for at the moment. Keep in mind, they haven't yet let the new hires know if they can transfer from the domiciles they were hired into. Those of us who are grandfathered into our current domiciles can move to another domicile, but the new hires don't have that luxury........

I forgot to add quotaion marks...sorry "grandfathered"...........it is like the Bill Clinton White House in the FLOP's leadership.....whatever definition of "is" or "grandfathered" fits for today is the definition that they go with. We have all heard the term "grandfathered" before, only to be told that we weren't really "grandfathered" now.....so buyer beware and I will stop crying over spilled milk and continue to convince people to SEND IN YOUR CARD!!!!!!!!!!!

With regards to the 16 new Tier 2 airports, two of them only have one airline seruving it. One of them is some little airport in IL with four AA flights per day to STL. I believe MCN has four or five DL flights per day to ATL. I know who lives in MCN that made that work, but which check airman lives in that place in IL? We could use most of the existing Tier 3 airports as Tier 2 airports if this is the qualifying criteria. Guess its who you blow, er, I mean know....

Time/Distance from Tier 1 base

How far are you allowed to live from your Teir 1 domicile as a new hire with Flight Options?

They would't change anything that was "Grandfathered"

Didn't every new CEO at FO say "nothing is going to change"

Have some faith in our New CEO and maybe he can do for us what he did for US Airways shuttel.

Latest resources

Back