• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Florida West International ? The Good, The Bad, The Ugly

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
According to their magazine ad they're "The Most Prestigious and Professional Air Cargo Carrier in the US."

Can't go wrong with an ad like that!

2 767-300 Freighters, based in MIA, No Union, good people to fly with from what I hear. The trips are out and back. They like to hire locals.

Until yesterday I had not heard of them as well. They are mentioned on the Climbto350 site as attending their job fair. After 11 mos. on the street cultivating new prospects in this job market is difficult to say the least. I have a feeling that I am preaching to the choir here though. It appears there is little to be learned about them. Movie Quote; " I got a bad feeling about this man"

Last edited:
Stay away from any operation in Miami, they are all crap! And that Aeroservice Job Fair is a complete and utter waste of time. I can't wait to find out how many will ask for guys/gals to pay for there own training and be placed in a pool. It really is amazing that that nonsense still goes on down on Miami. Desperate people will do desperate things including stabbing there own mates in the back! Trust me I know. Here are the worst:

Falcon Air
Arrow Air
Centurion
Amerijet
Florida West
Miami Air

And whatever you do, never ever sign a training contract. If it were such a great job .....

There was an old joke for a long time about South Florida operators... for ANY type of aircraft or operation. Would be nice to see that trend go away,,,

That said, when you hear "training contract", I agree, run far, far away. Hopefully someone who works at Florida West can shed some more light for those interested, schedule, days off, CASS status, commutability, type of flying, all the things you want to know before you even go interview...

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back