• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Florida West International ? The Good, The Bad, The Ugly

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Florida West et al. aside. There's nothing wrong with training contracts. A company can require their pilots to sign a training contract and it can still be a great job.

Name 2 companies that are "great jobs" that require a contract. Heck name one. Name one past or present that was "a great job" that required a training contract, I cannot think of one, past present or future, if they require a contract it is because they know you would leave at the first other job, if not why would they make you sign one, and don't give me the same lame old line about training cost.

Name 2 companies that are "great jobs" that require a contract. Heck name one. Name one past or present that was "a great job" that required a training contract, I cannot think of one, past present or future, if they require a contract it is because they know you would leave at the first other job, if not why would they make you sign one, and don't give me the same lame old line about training cost.

Couldn't said it better myself!!!!!

There is nothing going on there. They thought they had another contract, but that went south. No need for crews for their 1 1/2 aircraft. Almost all their flying is S. America for LAN

1 1/2 aircraft ??? :eek:

Got any pictures of that half of one ?

PHXFLYR:cool:

World Airways is one.

World Airways is one.

Been there. "Good," not "Great." Still not worth being an indentured servant for 2 years.

A more equitable arrangement would be a two-year training contract alongside a 2-yr no furlough/fire contract. The way contracts are currently written there's a quid but no quo.

Been there. "Good," not "Great." Still not worth being an indentured servant for 2 years.

A more equitable arrangement would be a two-year training contract alongside a 2-yr no furlough/fire contract. The way contracts are currently written there's a quid but no quo.

I am there now and it is a great job. Besides, the last 2 years went by quickly.

Eye of the beholder. Half my newhire class moved on.

Latest resources

Back