• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

LXJ31

dirka dirka jihad dirka
Ouch.

AIN is reporting that an ANG C-5 pilot got nailed for smuggling a Mardi Gras size shipment of Ecstasy aboard a military aircraft coming back from Europe. His day job is at FLOPS. I'm sure that fact will not escape U.S. Customs.

Are you saying that FLOPS guy's are going to start getting watched more now because of what 1 joker decided to do? Or maybe just the X-RTA people because he was one? Why don't you enlighten us as to what is going to be different for us?

Apeman said:
Are you saying that FLOPS guy's are going to start getting watched more now because of what 1 joker decided to do? Or maybe just the X-RTA people because he was one? Why don't you enlighten us as to what is going to be different for us?

No. Why? Feeling guilty?

Since this is the "Fractional" forum, I was commiserating with my fellow fractional pilots in my expectation of longer Customs stops. I drew this conclusion because, since he is a frac pilot, he probably makes several visits to Customs each month as most of us do. The Feds investigation into this case may cause them to take a closer look at pilots who do what we do. I may be way off base and I hope I am, but I think more hassle at the border is to be expected.

If I thought that FLOPS pilots had a chronic problem of smuggling, I'd call the DEA rather than post contextual messages on a message board to get some malt-liquored yahoo all fired up.

But then thats just me.

Well I sure appreciate you taking your hands out of your pants long enough to post such a thoughtful reply! Now your 2 for 2 on the idiot post's!

Hey ape,

Eat a babnana dipped in valium or something! He was just trying to make a point that customs may be getting out the ky and gloves on us because of this moron. You don't think the AIN article is posted in pbi customs breakroom? They probably are all lubing up now for the next poor slob in a TA or CW tail to come in.

I'll bet we won't see any change with Customs. The bad stops will still be the bad stops (MIA, anyone?). And the good stops? Well, there are no "good" U.S.
Customs stops.

This guy was using MILITARY transport for shipping his booty. I would think U.S. customs would be turning up the heat on those guys before they concentrate any extra effort on us. Doesn't matter to me. We'll gladly take the white glove test from 'em any day of the week.

Speaking of smuggling whatever happened to that crew who was arrested in venezuela (sp?) last fall in Caracas after reporting to the local police that a large package of cocaine was found in their plane. I heard they were in jail still and theyre plane was last seen in Aruba with a Venezuelan General riding in back. Couldnt find any articles....anyone hear/see anything?

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back