• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Flops

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I said right off the bat, I don't think you are management. I only said you talk like management. If you hope for good things for the friends you left behind at FLOPS you can help them by not spreading fear. Yes it's important to have a discussion about the reality of our situation. Yes it's important to have a realistic understanding of the challenges we face as a company and as a union. That is a conversation I'd like to have.

What is not however helpful, is your negative back-handed comments about the Union. Look man it's all we have now. Until our pilots stop ducking and covering and stand up for themselves, we are at the mercy of MS and his band of thugs. Can't you see that?

By spreading fear - perhaps unintentionally - you threaten the futures of your friends at FLOPS, because fearful pilots are less likely to take a stand. Right now taking a stand in unison is the only thing that will save us. Help us don't undermine us, that's all I'm asking.

Oh and I forgot to add, wait until you see the numbers for 06. Things are looking up. One thing a hatchet man like MS is good at doing is showing a profit. We just think we deserve a piece of the action.

Last edited:
I said right off the bat, I don't think you are management. I only said you talk like management. If you hope for good things for the friends you left behind at FLOPS you can help them by not spreading fear. Yes it's important to have a discussion about the reality of our situation. Yes it's important to have a realistic understanding of the challenges we face as a company and as a union. That is a conversation I'd like to have.

What is not however helpful, is your negative back-handed comments about the Union. Look man it's all we have now. Until our pilots stop ducking and covering and stand up for themselves, we are at the mercy of MS and his band of thugs. Can't you see that?

By spreading fear - perhaps unintentionally - you threaten the futures of your friends at FLOPS, because fearful pilots are less likely to take a stand. Right now taking a stand in unison is the only thing that will save us. Help us don't undermine us, that's all I'm asking.

Oh and I forgot to add, wait until you see the numbers for 06. Things are looking up. One thing a hatchet man like MS is good at doing is showing a profit. We just think we deserve a piece of the action.

You guys deserve every penny. I am not pro mgnt OR pro union for that matter.. I am a realist offering an objective opinion.

There is not a Capt there that doesnt deserve 100k min.. I remember the good ole days of flops when nj guys would come up to us in fbo's and cry the blues about making $48k as a hawker 1000 capt..

So back to the original story. Are you guys saying that there are like 90 FLOPS pilots who have misdemeanors in their backgrounds? Even with DUIs, that seems hard to believe. Amazing story.

The new improved CANPASS is just so you can go into airport that aren't entry airports, ie don't have customs. You can still enter the country through the ports of entry. Why would FLOPS care if some of their pilots couldn't get this new CANPASS deal??? At NJA there is only one fleet that has had to fill out this paper work, why because the number of flights to airports that aren't entry airports is so small it isn't worth it.

RNO, I think that was exactly the point. If true, it appears that FLOPS mgmt is using this CANPASS thing as an excuse to fire/furlough 90 guys. My question is whether there are really 90 guys at FLOPS with some sort of "legal" history.

RNO, I think that was exactly the point. If true, it appears that FLOPS mgmt is using this CANPASS thing as an excuse to fire/furlough 90 guys. My question is whether there are really 90 guys at FLOPS with some sort of "legal" history.

You got to remember that the canadians have different ideas of what is illegal then we do in the US.

Then how would they find out about it unless it was reported in our legal sytem?

There were only about 30 guys affected and it looks like they are still working but have to show an effort to get these matters cleared up. Iguess the unionhired a Canadian lawyer to help them out.

The Canadians have access to the criminal records just like we have access to the criminal records of Canadians who try to come to the US so we can turn them away at the border.

There were only about 30 guys affected and it looks like they are still working but have to show an effort to get these matters cleared up. Iguess the unionhired a Canadian lawyer to help them out.

Just goes to show how smart the management is at FLOPS. First of all spend money on something that less then one half of one percent of the owners use. Secondly taking it out on the pilots. Not good.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back