• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

FLops Village Idiots - in house

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Are you saying an LOA couldn't have been written allowing displaced pilots to keep current pay, just as was done for the furlough returnees? Or that the company refused to do so? Are you telling us that IBT leadership fought to protect their members' pay in this case?

Or was it that the top 2 union officials, being small cabin capts, didn't think it was fair that they might get a right seater making more than them? Even though that person had been displaced through no fault of his/her own? Isn't that what Capt Praetorian said on a group call?

Spot on! Slinghoffa is only worried about himself. An LOA certainly could have been drafted.

Wow! You guys don't know s*%t. Cannot believe that someone would bad mouth Shawn. Totally classless. That dude is aces!! Have a whole new disrespect for this website. Unreal.

Who is bad mouthing who? I was not bad mouthing anyone! It came straight from Phil's mouth when I asked who all is involved in this foray. If it is not true someone should tell Phil that Shawn is not supporting the In-house Union.

Are you saying an LOA couldn't have been written allowing displaced pilots to keep current pay, just as was done for the furlough returnees? Or that the company refused to do so? Are you telling us that IBT leadership fought to protect their members' pay in this case?

Or was it that the top 2 union officials, being small cabin capts, didn't think it was fair that they might get a right seater making more than them? Even though that person had been displaced through no fault of his/her own? Isn't that what Capt Praetorian said on a group call?

I didn't say an in-house effort is the way to go. I said this was a selfish and short-sighted decision by the IBT leaders. Much like senior management's antics during the Schreenga days had the effect of promoting a union, I think this episode pi$$ed off enough displaced capts to make a decert vote much more likely. People tend to get offended when you take food off their family's table.

BlueNose,
I think much of what you say is an over simplification of how the whole process played out.
Yes, the company offered to protect the pay of the original Hawker surplus pilots.
Yes, the Union agreed to that as long as ANY PILOT senior to the most junior surplus pilot was elevated to that pay.(Much like what Net Jet's had done previously).

The company would not agree to that. That was not a precedent the company was willing to set. We can see why now, the company would be incurring higher operating costs in the small cabin fleet with Some PIC's and SIC's making Citation X captain pay or Hawker captain pay. So much for wanting the highest paid pilots in the industry.

In the end, all the company was willing to give it's family members was bumping rights.

As far as what was said on a phone call. I am sure MS wishes he didn't loose his composure when someone was unwilling to try and understand what he was saying and would like to rephrase his response.

The Union presented three solutions to the Company, all of which would have preserved some or all the pay these guys stood to lose. The Company could have LOA'd any of the 3, but chose not to. They claimed it was too expensive, but really it was just another devious way to make the Union look bad.

Management wanted nothing binding on paper. Blind hatred and lack of understanding is not helping you get your point across effectively. Maybe Ed can give you some better talking points.

The Union presented three solutions to the Company, all of which would have preserved some or all the pay these guys stood to lose. The Company could have LOA'd any of the 3, but chose not to. They claimed it was too expensive, but really it was just another devious way to make the Union look bad.

Yes or No. Were the three options the union offered more expensive than just freezing the displaced pilots pay? Answer, YES. The unions loa options involved too much money. Just face it, the 1108 screwed us.

Yeah too expensive. Ricci needed to save money cause we've been profitable for years so he could go buy another company and screw everyone. Wake up dude the Teamsters isn't the bad guy here. Ricci is a f#%king scumbag and a liar.

Phi....sorry I mean Rupert is incapable of haveing a logical discussion. He has been promised the World.

Or was it that the top 2 union officials, being small cabin capts, didn't think it was fair that they might get a right seater making more than them? Even though that person had been displaced through no fault of his/her own?

I

I recall that was an execu board decision. 4 mid and super-mid cabin guys, 3 small cabin guys. I think you are grasping at straws. If you want to go back to the old days when everyone got paid whatever the boss pulled out of his hat, then by all means support the in-house joke. Whoever wears the most brown lipstick will be paid the most.

Latest resources

Back