• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

FLops Village Idiots - in house

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The vote takes place concurrently I think. And contracts are inherited. Much like a company can change names, but they carry obligations forward, so to a union carries the CBA forward until it is amended according to the RLA.

I'm not sure about this so maybe someone can answer but I don't think they can just take our contract and put their name on it. That contract is owned by the Teamsters. Also I think their would have to be 2 separate votes. One to try and decertify and then another to vote in another union.

The CBA belongs to the pilots on whose behalf it was negotiated. Under the RLA the union's only job is to enforce the CBA and negotiate subsequent amendments to the agreement. If the pilots at Flight Options were to elect a new bargaining agent the responsibility of enforcing the agreement would fall to them.

But here in lies the rub. Along with the privilege of being tasked with enforcing the existing agreement any new union would also inherit the responsibilities associated with that privilege. One of those responsibilities is the duty to fairly represent the pilot group. Even well meaning, but small and underfunded, in-house unions often find themselves in legal trouble for failing to fulfill this responsibility. And because getting out of trouble often runs into $$$$, even well intentioned small in-house unions often choose to relinquish their responsibility for representation to avoid the costs. It only takes a letter to National Mediation Board to do this and without a national reputation at stake, for an in-house there's nothing to loose.

The end result is that without a bargaining agent, the CBA is null and void. I'll let all of you connect the dots on how a management centric in-house would handle a similar situation.

Last edited:
I must say Praetorian, you articulated that very well. None of the other clowns behind the "steering comedy"....I mean committee, have any experience and very little knowledge on the rules and regulations of a union. None of them could put together a coherent path to follow. They are not leaders. They don't even want to lead. They are actively looking for someone else to lead and do all the hard work. They only want to "steer". What kind of plan is that. I just don't understand why they would be willing to risk cutting their own throats by trying to throw out the only thing that might save all of our jobs.

I just don't understand why they would be willing to risk cutting their own throats by trying to throw out the only thing that might save all of our jobs.

When push comes to shove, these guys won't be trying to save "all our jobs". They will just move up the food chain at the expense of the rest of us. When the 70 pilots were RIF'd, EM wrote the Union president, asking him to stop fighting for the 70 wrongly fired pilots, and instead, to focus more on him and the other remaining pilots. A real class act.

Most of these guys and a few names still haven't been brought to light that are leading this pack are a bunch of old geezers that should be sitting in a rocking chair. They got no business even working here anymore there idiot leader being the main one. Someone needs to teach these fools the definition of RETIREMENT ... You had your chance for the last 69 yrs to do something in your life..you blew it!!

Special ED should be in jail for the stunt that he pulled

Jailed ha ha ha he was rewarded with a cushy cake job in Dallas. This is Flops. A real company would have fired him on the spot. Flops rewards him. Cause he's ratted out enough other pilots in his career for drinking during flops no drinking policy..and that was under Riccis reign can't blame that one on ********************finger

Latest resources

Back