• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Flops TA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Huh? We've been accused of hijacking threads. What do you call it when others try to suck us in?

I wish the best for FLOPS pilots, and always have. On the road, you guys (and gals) have always been polite to me. I hope you get the best you can. We choose a different path, but I at least, respect yours.

Wacoflyr

Thank you Sir. Well said. Much like the grocery store...I just stood in the wrong line...again. But after 10+ years of standing in this line, I can't switch now.

The only thing worse than standing in the wrong line for 10 years...is standing in the wrong line for 10 years and 1 day. It is never too late to switch lines.

The only thing worse than standing in the wrong line for 10 years...is standing in the wrong line for 10 years and 1 day. It is never too late to switch lines.

Unfortunately there aren't any lines to stand in these days, unless you want to go to the middle east or far east. Let's be realistic, the only option for most of us these days is ride out the storm and try to improve the conditions where we work now.

Let's be realistic, the only option for most of us these days is ride out the storm and try to improve the conditions where we work now.

You're absolutely right. And does the TA do that in the short term? I think it does. If one doesn't agree, then they must believe it is worth the risk of at least another 6mo to a year for (what I think will be) very little gain beyond this TA.

This is a first contract. By most accounts, an extremely good first contract - attaining much that many never get in their first attempt. FlOps management was NEVER going to agree taking the NJ contract and stamping Flight Options on it. I believe some harbored this very unrealistic hope.

Contractually mandated work rules and protections. Many of the work rules in the contract only codify the ones we have in place, but some are indeed improvements (a 14hr duty day limitation on Day 8, for one). I've found NONE that are worse than what we have currently in place. I'd say that's a pretty good job at negotiating.

Pay does not increase as much as we would have liked - year 1, anyway. But with the time-value of money being what it is, I cannot think of a scenario where the gain would make up for what will be left on the table if the TA is not ratified in this election. This scenario becomes worse if, because of the ensuing labor actions, business worsens. You're not being realistic about potential gains/losses to a contract if you are discounting this very real possibility.

Many wanted a 7and7 schedule, and it will be available. There was never a scenario that I could have imagined without some form of "Flex", "Reserve", or what will be known to us as a "16+2". That was the compromise. And because we, as a pilot group, are generally a greedy bunch I think senior pilots will take more of the "16+2" than some believe.

Our E-Board and negotiators have done a good job. And I know everyone has read the union communication, but it is fact of life that the negotiators were faced with an unbelievable challenge of negotiating in a horrible - and unforeseen - economic environment.

I'll be voting YES.

I call bull sh!t.

That's certainly one view.

I'm guessing you have aspirations to be elected to the E-board? Because I suspect a few of the TA naysayers will be casting their 'no' vote and positioning themselves for just that purpose.

Much like the grocery store...I just stood in the wrong line...again. But after 10+ years of standing in this line, I can't switch now.

Yup, that's about the most astute thing I have read on this board in a long time. We all got in the wrong line and that sux.

One valid point to be made RE: the TA is that the pilots have NO authority in the hotel selection process. There is some kind of "recommendation" committee, but no rules in place as to what they can do....can they veto certain locations? Can they veto chains? Can they set a standard as to what pilots do and do not have to accept?

Huh? We've been accused of hijacking threads. What do you call it when others try to suck us in?

I wish the best for FLOPS pilots, and always have. On the road, you guys (and gals) have always been polite to me. I hope you get the best you can. We choose a different path, but I at least, respect yours.

Wacoflyr

No your missing it. The reference was to B19 being Avantair management... Not trying to draw you in. Only trying to drive him and his alter-ego out.

Latest resources

Back