• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Flops TA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The reason the anti union schmucks are so fascinated about the amount of or lack of a raise is they are worried that the sweetheart deal they made with management is over and their pay will drop back down. For those that sold their souls to management, lets see how loyal the company is going to be towards you now that they no longer need a nonunion mouthpiece.

My guess is it will be an agency shop much like NJA. You can elect to not join the union if you have some philosophical difference with a union but you will still have to pay "agency fees" roughly equivalent to dues because the union represents the entire group in contract negotiations............

Well I hope all the ones that have been so anti union stick by there morals and step forward and refuse the pay increase..If they dont then they are very clearly hypocrites...

Or they could donate the difference to charity...:cool:

So....

Is it really a done deal TA ??

A TA is a Tentative Agreement. It means that management and the union have agreed on the principles of the contract, but lawyers can and do screw up the language while they write it, that's why all the proof reading. Something as simple as the word "CAN" or "MAY" instead of "WILL", "SHALL" or "MUST", can mean a huge difference in a contract. Either side might find language that they don't like, and that could potentially require more negotiations to agree on the final draft. It will be released only when both sides are happy with the final draft. Be patient.

Last edited:
Afraid to answer my question??

Call your P2P rep or a member of the MEC.
This question has been answered on the Union board.

If you are a FLOPS pilot you should already know the answer.

If you are not a FLOPS pilot then sit back and relax. Satisfying your want to know is nobody's priority.

A TA is a Tentative Agreement. It means that management and the union have agreed on the principles of the contract, but lawyers can and do screw up the language while they write it, that's why all the proof reading. Something as simple as the word "CAN" or "MAY" instead of "WILL", "SHALL" or "MUST", can mean a huge difference in a contract. Either side might find language that they don't like, and that could potentially require more negotiations to agree on the final draft. It will be released only when both sides are happy with the final draft. Be patient.

Very true !!

The reason the anti union schmucks are so fascinated about the amount of or lack of a raise is they are worried that the sweetheart deal they made with management is over and their pay will drop back down. For those that sold their souls to management, lets see how loyal the company is going to be towards you now that they no longer need a nonunion mouthpiece.

How many were on this program, and is there any proof, not that it would shock me.

You would be shocked by the number of "special deals" that are out there. Check Airman overide for non check airman and unnessecary part or full time "management" office postions. I'm sure there are others. BT has done a very good job of taking care of his boys and hacking the heads off his political opposition.

And then what big mouth? My guess is it is a majority. Grow up a little there twit. You are lucky you've gotten this far in aviation,must be your first rodeo.
Association fees are what is charged and that's only as long as 1108 stays on property. Unity is what is needed to make this a successful entity once again and it appears therein lies the problem. 1108 has the ability to unify but that's doubtful and therefore I predict their demise. Mark my words.

Not my first rodeo...... I also want to see a list. I want to know who supported the union and who didn't. I want this for my own knowledge and nothing more. I guess if you are so worried about your name being on the non due paying list you should have paid.
Furthermore, you can stop the idiotic predictions no one cares about your opinion. You guys have been screaming FUD for 4 years and we are still here. The 1108 is not going anywhere soon.

Oh...... I forgot, there will be a list published on who didn't pay anything. You can mark my words.

Not my first rodeo...... I also want to see a list. I want to know who supported the union and who didn't. I want this for my own knowledge and nothing more. I guess if you are so worried about your name being on the non due paying list you should have paid.
Furthermore, you can stop the idiotic predictions no one cares about your opinion. You guys have been screaming FUD for 4 years and we are still here. The 1108 is not going anywhere soon.

Oh...... I forgot, there will be a list published on who didn't pay anything. You can mark my words.

Sweet,I don't think many give a $hit. Like the old saying, you just don't have the big picture. You would probably be surprised of my status and identity.

Latest resources

Back