Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

slowtation capt

Well they have done it again.

"A crewmember traveling via airlines to a duty assignment will be considered on duty 90 min. prior to the airlines scheduled deperature time"

Snuck that in, no word from the home front about that one.

Just make sure you don't go on duty more than 90 minutes before the flight then. I know of several situations where I would have missed a flight had I done that. So be it. I guess the 2 hour thing was just "too restrictive for scheduling", like our circadian times and "no answer til duty start" policy.

Tier 3's are too restrictive...maybe the Tier 2's(except CLE) as well, who knows? 8/7 is probably too restrictive. I'm sure ordering crew meals(which they only do on live legs as it is) is becoming very difficult and restrictive. What's next?

Slowtation capt,

Don't you understand? They need to be able to put you on that six a.m. airline. Now they can do that and still get the full 14 out of you. Thats all this amounts to. They've pretty much got it now so that an early airline and those early a.m. repo flights dont affect your duty time.

Send in your card...meanwhile they will keep chipping away.

As an NJA guy we have a 2 hour show before an airline and it counts towards your 14 hour duty day.

Can you guys clarify what your 90 min show counts or doesnt count to?
Just curious.

Lrjet55 said:
As an NJA guy we have a 2 hour show before an airline and it counts towards your 14 hour duty day.

Can you guys clarify what your 90 min show counts or doesnt count to?
Just curious.

Well it used to be 2 hours before your airlines on day one. Yes that counted towards duty and still does. The jagoffs in CGF can't handle it anymore because they don't have enough crews or a$$ kissers to do OT. So they shorten it. Just like the circadian low time went from 0100 to 0500. To now 0130 to 0400.

Hurry up and send in those cards. It is only going to get worse people. WAKE UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ASAP registration and card drive proceeding briskly

Use the links below to establish and maintain communications and input. If everybody currently onboard gives it a good push this week then the card drive can be wrapped up and sent off to NLB in D.C. very quickly.

So push hard this week guys and keep pushing until its done.

http://p068.ezboard.com/brtapilots

http://asapflightdeck.com/

The question stands. How fast are the cards coming in. In a flood or a trickle? It has been three weeks now and you guys are still pleading for cards. If it is as bad as you say and management is bending ya over and breach loadin ya' as often as you claim, would the card drive have taken this long already?

From and NJA perspective it could take time. After all, changing from a non union carrier to a union is not an easy descision. People are not sold on unions. I am glad we have one a NJA and it has proved its worth in certain situations.

The problem Flops will run into are many of the same we experience. There is a general unwillingness of certain pilots to think of anyone but themselves. I am sure there is a well organized "A" team as there is with us.

For those on the fence I tell you, not promise or assure, that things can get better. Leave money out of it for a moment because we all know that part sucks but just having the ability to prevent management from making unillateral descisions makes a big difference. NJA will do this from time to time and no we are seeing some changes. The union has the ability to fight back. We always had it in the past but it was never used.

I say give the union a shot. If we had all the Fractionals under the same hat we could make a difference. We need all the fractionals to survive. We need healthy competition. As an NJA guy I like the other frac pilots out there, "A" teamers aside, I just dont like what the managements are doing.

you are misinformed

longrangekiller said:
It has been three weeks now and you guys are still pleading for cards.

It has been exactly 10 days today since ASAP board opened to Flight Options pilots and started soliciting cards. Not three weeks. Response has been tremendous, especially considering this is being driven purely by word of mouth and there has been zero dollars spent on mailings.

At the present rate of board registrations and cards coming in, which represents exponential day to day growth, I think it is reasonable to expect that by end of March, the card drive will be 100% complete.

This is all without any mailings and purely by word of mouth.

Netjets pilots are even getting in on recruitment efforts and are being seen around the FBO's with copies of the cards in hand to give to Flight Options crews they run into who may not have yet gotten the word.

This kind of cross company support is both appreciated and unprecendented within the fractional community.

Keep it up.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back