• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Flops SOP Revision 1

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Ok, I can not tell time. Not required for an ATP. Fact remains, if The FO Guys are Squeakin' from the Freakin' Onikin' from the Boinkin', as loud as some who have us believe, then why no flood of cards. Word of mouth should have traveled like wild-fire.

Last edited:
luvu said:
Response has been tremendous, especially considering this is being driven purely by word of mouth and there has been zero dollars spent on mailings.

This is all without any mailings and purely by word of mouth.

Keep it up.

Why are we doing it this way? Why not send a message via the BB to ALL the flight crews?

I see the problem as this. Some people want a union, other's didn't, but do now and some don't.

People are afraid to put their neck out on the line and be open and proactive in an organizing effort due to the Fab 5 fiasco (which was worth millions I'm sure), even though we are protected by law.

I have seen pro-union posts for a couple years on NJ2's board and it hasn't changed anything. It is the same people posting over and over again, some even answer their own posts under another assumed name.

What it's going to take is an OPEN and ORGANIZED campaign. I don't see word of mouth sealing the deal. I haven't talked to many guys on the road, and none of them know anything about a union drive at FOs.

Another rumor is that they are going to go to a 30 min duty off after block in on the last leg rather than 1 hr.

Imagine that.

Tommy Boy said:
Another rumor is that they are going to go to a 30 min duty off after block in on the last leg rather than 1 hr.

Imagine that.

I do not think that FAA will go for that one. I heard that one a while ago to.

If that is the case then you leave when the pax leave too. That is how long it takes to get them off the plane at times. Then you can walk away and not put the plane to "bed". It all comes down to not enough crews and planes. Schedulers can not handle their jobs.

Dep676, The Feds do not care if the blocks go in at exactly 14 hours. Time to put the plane to sleep is not definded in the regs and the FEDS, they do not care just so long as you are on the ground and parked. I have set the brake and just walked away at exactly 14 hours a couple of times. Best of luck to you guys.

Well what I am saying is that they scedule things down to the minute of 14 hour day. If the pax's show up a little late and then it take 20 minutes to unload them and all their crap. You have to get everything shut down and put to "bed" before 14 hours. Putting the plane to "bed" is still duty for the company. Then if you have MX to deal with. That's a whole new ball game. So the problem goes back to them scheduling you for a 14 hour day everyday. All they know is 14/10 nothing else. They don't understand that pax's rarely show up on time or ATC delay's. They think that you can go over your 14 hour duty day because of that stuff. Then they get pi$$ed after you tell them you can not make the next day's trips because you only have 9 hours rest scheduled that way.

They changed the extra rest after going over 14 hours of duty too. It's now if you go aver 60 not 30 minutes over you get 12 hours of rest. So they are writing there own FAR's now too. So they will start to hand out KY at recurrent.

sitting in ground school @ dfw and were told yesterday that we are going to have 30 min. after block in.

How can they go against the reg's?

135.267(c) A flight crewmember's flight time may exceed the flight time limits of paragraph(b) of this section if the assigned flight time occurs during a regularly assigned duty period of no more than 14 hours and -.

It goes on to explain rest requirements. Am I missing something here about duty day? I read no more than 14 hours.

dash_trash said:
sitting in ground school @ dfw and were told yesterday that we are going to have 30 min. after block in.

Well boys and girls looks like we had to taxi for a loooooooooooong time before we could block in. Two can play this game. Also might just find something broke in the morning instead of at night. Didn't have time to find it at night. Only had 30 minutes to get cabin cleaned up, pax unloaded, and post flight the airplane.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back