FLOPS SOLD? Fact or Fiction!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Heavy Set said:
Look, you wouldn't invest in anything if it wouldn't ultimately give you a good return on investment (ROI). As far as I am concerned, it is better to be backed by a group with serious cash than a group with little resources...
Needed repeating!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sources?

Like all rumors, no one quotes a source. I am not looking for names, but a little clue about where these rumors start might add a little credibility, such as a brother of one of our board of directors says............

Otherwise, like others, I will believe it when Flight Options tells us 6 months later, when the sale is complete.

Time wil tell, and you are right on about Gemini, I just hope all works out for all involved and that it creates more pilot jobs. None of us will get a raise to a reasonable salary until there are less resume's sitting on file at these companies.

Did not realize Baker and the like were involved. They certainly add credibility to the group.

We fly double to triple the average hours ofcorporate guy and make a third of the salary in some cases

minimums said:
Like all rumors, no one quotes a source. I am not looking for names, but a little clue about where these rumors start might add a little credibility, such as a brother of one of our board of directors says............
Most of them come from a friend of a friend who has a buddy who knows the brother in law of the guy that shines the CEO's shoes. THAT, my friend, is why they are all so credible!

waka said:
Who funds the Saudis? We do!

You hit the nail on the head there.

Heck, it was our money that financed that whole 9/11 thing. Cut these guys off the greenbacks, and we don't have a terrorist problem.

FracCapt said:
Most of them come from a friend of a friend who has a buddy who knows the brother in law of the guy that shines the CEO's shoes. THAT, my friend, is why they are all so credible!
NOW I can sleep better at night, 'cause it has to be TRUE! :D

I think I will go buy that new Benz this weekend.:rolleyes:

And

Baker is an owner at NJ. Very interesting, love how management gets everyone side tracked with some goofy story.

Live4flyng said:
Baker is an owner at NJ. Very interesting, love how management gets everyone side tracked with some goofy story.

Being an owner at NJ doesn't equate to diehard loyalty. Carlyle probably saw BH raking in money from NJ and decided to get in the game.

People at this level have loyalty to only one entity--themselves. If they can get their costs down without causing costs to rise elsewhere(ie. training) they will do it.

Good luck to all.TC

Sale to Carlyle Group: Unlikely! Willing to bet ya that it is nothing more than FBO and aviation maintenance pricing discussions.

Latest resources

Back