• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

FLOPS management does it again!!!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Speaking of benefits ... those pilots who are paying out of pocket for medical, dental, and vision should subtract the cost from their salary to see what they're really making. Luckily, I was able to painlessly fill out the paperwork at the dentist's office yesterday: Insurance...Aetna. Provider...NetJets. Employee's position...pilot. All frac pilots and their families should be able to do the same. Good insurance is a serious QOL issue; thus, health care coverage is a standard part of the professional compensation package in many fields. Kudos to the Options pilots for recognizing their worth and insisting that the FLOPS respect that. The frac lifestyle takes a huge toll on personal and family time so the pilots, their spouses and children are already paying for the "free" requested insurance many times over. NJW

Fractional pilots are professionals and should be compensated as such.

Skanza, you're an idiot. This is not a good debate tactic. It has always been only about the money... but only from managements perspective. Benifits, work rules and scope clauses all cost money and management doesn't want to pay. Yeah, we want a salary on par with the other companies too, -Then go work for them, if enough of that happens, maybe management will realize they need to pay more. Otherwise, threats and complaining are not effective or professional. but what pilot does value their time less than those at the competition, besides you? The Time for FUD is over, so shut up, Again, not a good debate style. and tell your management friends to "Put Up" or we'll walk. They have until Friday at noon... Spounds threatening - is there something at the O.K. Corral? this has gone on long enough. The clock is ticking.

Read your email.

This is not a good debate tactic...

Your still an idiot, and I am not interested in debating with you, just trying to tell you how it is.

Spounds threatening - is there something at the O.K. Corral?

I didn't set the Friday Noon deadline you moron, the NMB did. If the company doesn't put up, They'll quickly find out how many of us are willing to walk. The ones who don't will be forever labeled as scabs... it's a small enough industry to make even most of the koolaide drinkers stop and think twice.

...Then go work for them, if enough of that happens, maybe management will realize they need to pay more. Otherwise, threats and complaining are not effective or professional...

At this point I'm don't care if I'm "effective or professional", although I would still argue the point if I gave a $h!t about what you thought. The time for talking with the likes of you is over. Noon Friday will quickly be upon us and then the 30 day clock starts ticking.

I'm betting that management will let it get close to a TA, but no cigar. Then management will blame it on the union and the economy. They'll hope that the pilots will be desparate enough to accept any bone they throw out... well, we won't. We will hold out for what we deserve. When the end of the 30 day cooling off period is about to expire, Kenn Ricci will come riding in on a white horse with one "last and final" offer hoping to "save the day", just in time to put out a press release for the NBAA convention. That it pretty much the standard game plan used by management in every union negotiation since the beginning of time. Hopefully that offer will be reasonable & realistic, because I sincerely hope it ends here with a TA.

If not, we'll walk, and spend our time looking for another job instead of trading quips with you, because there won't be anything at Flops worth going back to after more than a few days of a strike.

... and if it does go to a strike, God help the scabs, because no one else will when Flops fails.

993, I see the Options pilots as both professional and effective because professionals don't sell themselves short and effective people stay focused on their goal(s). You guys have those virtues covered.

It's time for the FLOPS foot-dragging to end. Here's to the deadline!
:beer:

Just a thought. How many think the fractional industry has been a well organized ponzi scheme to sell jets.

I'm not very smart. It's just a thought. After maint and corporate for ten years, cargo flying for 5 regional for 6 a so called major for 1 and back to corporate pilot / mechanic again.

A thought from outside not knowing anything.

Just a thought. How many think the fractional industry has been a well organized ponzi scheme to sell jets.

I'm not very smart. It's just a thought. After maint and corporate for ten years, cargo flying for 5 regional for 6 a so called major for 1 and back to corporate pilot / mechanic again.

A thought from outside not knowing anything.

Yup, just impartial thoughts from someone not knowing anything, Righhhhht.
:rolleyes:

Latest resources

Back