• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

FLOPS latest BEND-OVER PGM

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
here is a quote from VR from a few days ago!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am sure you realize that most pilots everywhere in the industry are b*tching right now no matter where they work. The problem at FLOPS is that the rumor mill tends to lend itself to more doom & gloom than really exists.

hmmmmm...........

So, I guess in light of the recent announcements from the professional management team of Flight Options everything is going to be a okay.

Sorry for the sarcasm guys. I have many friends at Options and it grieves me to see them treated this poorly. Unfortunately there are individuals over there who have had their proverbial head stuck in the sand for some time.........

Perhaps you should ask the pilots of NJA if their very large body of owners have over powered the company phone system offering to pay high rates because of worry over pilot compensation issues within that organization.

Grim,

I'm sure the phones will begin lighting up once the NetJets pilots start informational picketing at some FBOs next month.

Grim,

The RLA puts a huge amount of power in management's hands during contract negotiations. They can stall, obstruct and basically make no effort at all to pursue a fair contract. Add to that fact that the previous MEC and leadership at 284 felt that playing patty cake with these guys was the way to go and you easily see how we got where we are.

It is only at the end of the game that a union operating under the RLA has any real power. The pilots at NetJets are only now getting to the end of the game where we can exert pressure on the company. We also have a MEC that is committed to using any and all legal means at our disposal to force a fair contract from NetJets. This summer will let us all know if this industry can transition to become a career or if it is going to be forever stuck as a place for CFIs to build turbine time so they can move on.

Grizz said:
Grim,

The RLA puts a huge amount of power in management's hands during contract negotiations. They can stall, obstruct and basically make no effort at all to pursue a fair contract. Add to that fact that the previous MEC and leadership at 284 felt that playing patty cake with these guys was the way to go and you easily see how we got where we are.

It is only at the end of the game that a union operating under the RLA has any real power. The pilots at NetJets are only now getting to the end of the game where we can exert pressure on the company. We also have a MEC that is committed to using any and all legal means at our disposal to force a fair contract from NetJets. This summer will let us all know if this industry can transition to become a career or if it is going to be forever stuck as a place for CFIs to build turbine time so they can move on.(QUOTE).

This is the core of where the owners come in. If the current trend continues, the fractionals will become a time-building job for inexperienced pilots, instead of a place where experienced, mature pilots park their career. The owners have to be made aware of this turn of events, and decide if this is the way they want to go. We all came into this job with the benefit of past experience, whether it be flying freight, charter, military, airlines, corporate, etc. We all cut our teeth at these jobs, learned from past mistakes, scared the s**t out of ourselves a couple of times, and are better pilots for it. I'm positive the owners would be rather alarmed at the notion of being flown around by the least experienced pilots in the industry, learning from (and hopefully surviving) their mistakes with owners and their families on board. No offense to these guys, as we were all in their position once, and would have jumped at the chance for this kind of job (even without any perks or benefits). The owners are paying for the most expeditious and SAFEST transportation their money can buy. The way things are going, they will not have the benefit of my experience, ability, and wisdom, nor of, I suspect, many other pilots. Too bad. I wish them the best of luck, but I will not have my services sold cheaply, nor be abused for the privilege of driving them around!They can get what Flight Options is able and willing to give them and/or what they are willing to pay for. It's their company (which is why they are called Owners); let them do something about it. Otherwise, they can take their chances with low-time, relatively inexperienced pilots, or buy their own airplane and pay me NBAA scale to fly them. (And there is always :"Would you like another bag of peanuts with your water, sir and ma'am?).

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back