• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

FLOPS image to improve soon

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
How many times and how much money have they spend over the years on "rebranding"? Are they going to repaint the planes yet again?

I think you missed his point, Skumza. He really is proud. Seriously, who wouldn't be? :rolleyes:

I don't think you have the capacity to debate an issue directly, but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt one more time: Tell me (again) why it makes sense to be spending the HUGE dollars Flight Options is spending on re-branding, new uniforms, office renovations, etc when their front line marketing and safety group (pilots) work more for less than anyone in the industry?

You know there was another Frac recently(last 12 months) that spent this same amount of effort and money to do research and rebranding of their media and their pilots, and then promptly laid off 85 after promising a "family enviroment" during interviews. Point being I guess the left hand doesn't always learn from the right.
Didn't mean to, but if I hijacked the thread I apologize in advance.

What do the new Clown ties look like?

ricci should just give everyone red balls to wear on there nose and 30" shoes..you guys already have the clown tie....maybe throw in a bright red wigs for everyone..

I agree with Skanza on this, if things are that bad for you, quit. Oh yea, there isnt anywhere for you to go. You know how Kenn feels about "trapped" employees.

I've noticed this guy is kind of like the canary in a coal mine. Every time management gets nervous he starts to sing. Also sporten the lingo this time, “trapped employes”. He must have read the little red - I mean green - book.

It looks like the new uniforms are going out this week.

All the owners and customers are going to be asking "Who are those great looking pilots on the picket line?"

We can proudly answer :

"We are Flight Options Pilots, the worst paid and best dressed !!!!!"

That's awesome! Thanks for the laugh. This industry absolutely sucks. All the best fellas.

There is your problem right there. Take a guy that is completely happy with any $hit sandwich that somebody puts in front of them while they live their life of mediocrity -you're quite wrong with this assesment of me. Probably because you don't know who I am. Figures. and the universal response is " Just Quit "

Yes my fellow pilots don't try to better yourself, your brothers, or your company. Don't try one pilot group at a time to raise the bar in this industry for ALL pilots. Don't put in 10 or more years in a company and then be upset over the diminishing returns year after year because after all you still have 50% of your career left to just quit start at the bottom somewhere else and then work three jobs to just to put your kids through school and then get out of the trailer park-the company is not responsible for how you handle your finances. You know what you get paid, spend/plan accordingly...

Options pilots either deserve to get paid or burn that pig down..

I would rather see the last flight at flops end up in a cancelled flight with a pile of 501's then see any pilot at flops " just Quit " -here we go again with using write-ups to "prove a point" or "take a stand", I though you guys were all about professionalism. Isn't the purpose of the 501 to report discrepencies in order to get them fixed so the aircraft is airworthy? How can you cross this action with the action of canceling of a flight? I am already among the 600 that either left or were furloughed from flops and when i left I was under 100 on the sen list. The remaining pilots at Flops that have fought this battle deserve to see the return.

Skanza/Ed the problem with all your statements is that Flight Options pay rates and working conditions have actually deteriorated over the years. There may not have been been direct pay cuts but many benefits have been cut. Per diem, insurance, 401k, and CGF domicile pay to name a few. These were direct roll backs that every single pilot that isn't on a "special deal" like you saw come out of their check. Not to mention since there haven't been any scale raises in years the pilots real spending power has decreased. It it impossible to plan when your health insurance almost doubles for far less coverage. Its hard to plan for retirement when your 401k match is cut with no notice. I bet "senior leadership" gets a raise and bonuses every year even though they claim the company isn't performing well. Hey Ed is continuing to get a 401k match part of your "special deal"? I'll see you when I am walking and you cross the picket line.

Last edited:
Skumza/ED MAYbe you should consider your statement - " Isn't the purpose of the 501 to report discrepencies in order to get them fixed so the aircraft is airworthy? How can you cross this action with the action of canceling of a flight? "

Indeed you have nailed the purpose of a 501 to a tee...now the problem with THAT is that Flops never fixes a D#@! thing with integrity and always tries to cheat and find a way to throw the plane back into the air before the actual fix is found. YOU know about this first hand don't you? For example knowingly doing electrical system maintenance as a line pilot WITHOUT an A&P and WITH CGF knowledge in order to try to cover up your own blunder of trying to start engines with the covers on....hmmm ...ring a bell idiot?

The end result is that you have your pilots forced into a situation where there is ALWAYS something valid that can be written up on your aircraft because you DON'T fix them!!!! See the problem with trying to sit in a righteous seat and spout your crap is that you have to have the integrity to be doing things by the book in the first place yourself, and you just DO NOT.

You are a fool. If it weren't for friends I have left at Flops I would be hoping the place goes out of business and you have to try to find a job with all of the ill will you have created in this industry. If your name is ever brought across my desk you won't have a job with my company.

New Uniform Items Have Arrived

Flight Options pilots have started receiving their new stuff (via UPS). Five Van Heusen Aviator shirts, 1 windbreaker and 1 polo shirt. The windbreaker and polo are virtually identical to previous issues, except they have Flight Options logo #72a instead of the previously issued #69b1.; The shirts are nice. Years ago, the pilot group tried to talk KR into buying their shirts, but he flatly refused. Now that they are claiming they're financially unable to increase pilot compensation, they suddenly have funds for shirts. Hmmm, must come from a different pile of money. Lots of money in that pile, yes sir, just not allowed to spend it on the crews, just on uniforms, paint, and transportation for VP's families. Couldn't possibly move money from that pile into the pilot compensation pile, just not possible....

Latest resources

Back