• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

FLOPS High Speed

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Please disregard that post above.."He obviously knows not what he says"..

Options ALREADY is a small shell of what it was.. When I left there were over 900 pilots now my former FO who was around 350 on the list has been on the street for almost a year. This was not due to the economy but due to the ineptitude of revolving door management morons from Raytheon looking for a temporary resume builder while they move up the corporate ladder.

I cant recall all the times that we would trip over hundred dollar bills to pick up pennies. I remember needing an exaporator sock for the APU and the mx dept was NOT AUTHORIZED to allow service center repairs due to high cost. It was a $200 part with 1hr labor and we were already on their ramp.

Instead they had the part sent Counter to Counter at a cost of $600 and had us repo to Denver from Sat and then repo the next day back to Sat to cover the trip. $300 repair turned into a 10,000 repair..

It was then I knew I had to leave.

The Options Pilots have bleeding knuckles an the skin is gone. There is nothing left to give. The company CAN afford to pay them an average wage with average benefits. It is just a shame what Options has become.

I was reading the article and it had the following line:

Having Aircell High Speed Internet selected by a world leader in the fractional industry is another major milestone for the system

I didnt know whether to laugh or cry..

Good luck guys

God forbid they try and dig up more business with offering this service. If the company can grow it will only bring good things to your labor dispute. Do you honestly think NJA would have gotten their contract if the business wasn't there?

Stop thinking everything is a negative!

Should business just stop until the Options labor woes end? An optimist would say it means Options plans to be here and compete for the long haul. I am not union bashing and hope Options pilots get a fair deal. I am part 91 and it helps the whole industry if they do better, without bankrupting the company attaining a better package. They want to get a deal like NetJets pilots and I don't blame them. Then again NJ will have layed off up to 1000 employees by Christmas do to high costs and shrinking business. I don't know about the details of either's contracts but I can not help but think Options will die during strike or be but a small shell of what they are today, wifi or not. Again, not an anti union rant.

You ready to put your money where your mouth is. I will put 500 bucks up that 1000 NJA employees will not be on the street by Christmas.

Or are you just talking out your azz?

Yes I would be talking out my azz. I am part 91 , but with a friend layed off there and several friends crapping bricks because other NJ pilots have been floating the 800 to 1000 or higher number. I can only wish you the best and I am glad your company is not struggling financially and all is well at NJ.

You ready to put your money where your mouth is. I will put 500 bucks up that 1000 NJA employees will not be on the street by Christmas.

Or are you just talking out your azz?

Some of you NJA guys are just really amusing.. I dont know how you head fits through the door..

The reality is that you are sitting on a surplus of what 130 jets?

How is your revenue doing?

Who recently got fired that invented the concept and was torched by the board for spending millions to keep pilots on board when furloughs were needed?

I could care less about a pissing contest just realize that the biggest can fall the hardest. Do you think Buffet will carry this company at the cost of billions if the economy does not improve considerably?

And no i dont want to bet $1000 I would love to be proven wrong and see everyone doing great it just strikes a nerve when i have over a dozen friends furloughed, losing homes, living with parents, working at a truck wash, detailing planes, etc... to survive and the ignorance of arrogance comes from a NJA pilot that thinks the world is a little protective bubble that surrounds them.

OK, enough about you NetJets guys...

I've had some deep thoughts about my employer at Options.

In a time long ago, in a galaxy far far away, there used to be this thing called reasonableness. People made fun of the Narcissistic Personality Disorder. In my work environment we have leadership that writes a vanity book about all that he has learned that has sold zero copies. They refer to the company as family, so I suppose this would make them the Pappa, then they get removed that position and go away for five years. They reward the lemmings, no matter how low in talent, to extra income and position. They desire a special class of super-lemmings called SFO's, similar in responsibilities to say the Red Guard, or the SS.

Most of these weird personality quirks would be best worked out with a professional counselor. United Healthcare probably has a list of licensed providers in eastern Cleveland. "Stuart, you're good enough, you're smart enough, and doggone it, people like you."

Aircraft charter and management has been around for eighty years. We have not invented anything. We are not unique and special. That line of baloney is for kids that lose soccer games. We in fact have slid backwards faster than any of the fractionals. Certainly four different managements hasn't helped.

Let's get over all this psycho-babble about our specialness and concentrate on providing the best version of the service we have contractually obligated ourselves to our client base.

God forbid they try and dig up more business with offering this service. If the company can grow it will only bring good things to your labor dispute. Do you honestly think NJA would have gotten their contract if the business wasn't there?

Stop thinking everything is a negative!

The high speed internet is definitely a good thing! I'm sure most of the pilots at FLOPs are all for improving what the company is offering. The real rub here is that Management has been painting planes, changing uniforms, installing high speed, etc. all in the name of 'improving the customer experience.'

Why the hell do they keep thumbing their noses at the pilot group? The most important factor in improving the customer experience! As I understand it, negotiations were going well this week - until yesterday when the company put on the brakes- AGAIN! What the heck is going on??!! If FLOPs management really wants to move this company forward and capitalize on the economic recovery, they will work to get a TA next week.

If FLOPs management wants to play chicken with the pilot group, they WILL lose and sadly everyone in the company will lose.

2 Excellent Posts.. Even though I have not worn the Flops uniform for over 4 years now I will celebrate when you guys get a reasonable TA and this company turns itself around.

I remember when we were the underdogs in 98-02 seemingly doing great and making a decent salary. We were a pround and committed group that would do anything to get the job done..

I think it was 03 that they took away my $400 per month tax free travel bonus and 04 when they stopped my $1200 per month SFO pay.. That was the beginning of end for me.

Latest resources

Back