• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

FLOPS giving a bribe

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Ahh 4 posts and drinking the kool aid. Wow you sure know how to blend in! Go back to writing APR's or lying to the pilots. quote]

Why do I have to be in management if I don't agree with the way the pilot group is going about getting this contract?
It just appears to me that all this work is going into destroying the company. What will you have to show for your efforts?

What exactly do you mean by going about getting this contract? First, What is your participation level? Are you a volunteer? Or are you someone whom stands on the sidelines waiting for someone else to do all the work for you?

If working overtime, being avialble for call out with only 6 hrs of guranteed rest, staying in super 8 Motels, working all day hungry, flying broke airplanes just to "get the job done", being pressured into illeagal activities for the company's benefit. If all these things are what you are refering to as "destroying the company" then you need to understand this. I am merely a pilot I dont make the decisions that led us to this point. Management did.

If you dont have the Kahonas to stand up for yourself, please watch what you say about the rest of us who are standing up for our greater benefit.

Either you are on board or you're not. We used to have fence sitters here, guess what the fence is now gone and a line exist where it used to be. The question you need to ask yourself is "what side of that line do I want to stand on?" With my fellow pilots?( If you are one) Or on the side of management and their degradation of our jobs? It's your choice. Either you are for the cause or against it. There is not a fence anymore.

Every company in history has cried broke and going out of business every time a union came on property and negotiated a contract. Do we expect FLOPS to be different? No, Its the same ole song and dance.

Case and point. When NJ accomplished their CBA every frac got a raise. When all the while nothing but crickets was heard out of FLOPS. Then it was announced that the union organizers were very close with the cards for a vote. Suddenly FLOPS is working on a raise.( which we were never going to get). The union is voted in and less than 7 months they are telling us that they are broke, layoffs are in the future, we're going out of business. You pick which one was a lie.

The truth is it dont matter. The point I'm making is they are capable and willing to lie to the pilots at this company whith no remorse. They have no problem sticking the bone to you with out the common courtesy of the infamous reach around. Not me though, I'm crawling forward and standing up. For myself and anyone else that wants to come along.

So yes I will be glad to tell my next employer how I stood up for myself and how that same general attitude will follow me to my next job. Becuase I would rather hire a employee with a backbone tha a spineless yes man anyday. They are easier to respect.

Ahh 4 posts and drinking the kool aid. Wow you sure know how to blend in! Go back to writing APR's or lying to the pilots. quote]

Why do I have to be in management if I don't agree with the way the pilot group is going about getting this contract?
It just appears to me that all this work is going into destroying the company. What will you have to show for your efforts?

What exactly do you mean by going about getting this contract? First, What is your participation level? Are you a volunteer? Or are you someone whom stands on the sidelines waiting for someone else to do all the work for you?

If working overtime, being avialble for call out with only 6 hrs of guranteed rest, staying in super 8 Motels, working all day hungry, flying broke airplanes just to "get the job done", being pressured into illeagal activities for the company's benefit. If all these things are what you are refering to as "destroying the company" then you need to understand this. I am merely a pilot I dont make the decisions that led us to this point. Management did.

If you dont have the Kahonas to stand up for yourself, please watch what you say about the rest of us who are standing up for our greater benefit.

Either you are on board or you're not. We used to have fence sitters here, guess what the fence is now gone and a line exist where it used to be. The question you need to ask yourself is "what side of that line do I want to stand on?" With my fellow pilots?( If you are one) Or on the side of management and their degradation of our jobs? It's your choice. Either you are for the cause or against it. There is not a fence anymore.

Every company in history has cried broke and going out of business every time a union came on property and negotiated a contract. Do we expect FLOPS to be different? No, Its the same ole song and dance.

Case and point. When NJ accomplished their CBA every frac got a raise. When all the while nothing but crickets was heard out of FLOPS. Then it was announced that the union organizers were very close with the cards for a vote. Suddenly FLOPS is working on a raise.( which we were never going to get). The union is voted in and less than 7 months they are telling us that they are broke, layoffs are in the future, we're going out of business. You pick which one was a lie.

The truth is it dont matter. The point I'm making is they are capable and willing to lie to the pilots at this company whith no remorse. They have no problem sticking the bone to you with out the common courtesy of the infamous reach around. Not me though, I'm crawling forward and standing up. For myself and anyone else that wants to come along.

So yes I will be glad to tell my next employer how I stood up for myself and how that same general attitude will follow me to my next job. Becuase I would rather hire a employee with a backbone tha a spineless yes man anyday. They are easier to respect.

The trusth hurts.

The burn it down ralley cry is the only time managment listened.

Sure everyone was quick to blame the pilots but only Managment had the key to stop it all at that very second.

I know where I stand

I know exactly where I stand. I say the same thing if you are not on my side than you are against me. I stand strong with my union. I promise you this, I can make your 8 day tour a living hell if I choose. I am not afraid to speak up and tell the the "Lazy Lucys" what I think about them. I promise you, you will eat alone, you will do more work than you ever thought possible, and I will tell all my real friends who you are and what you have been doing to hurt our families. Thats right, I believe that if you are doing anything against what the leadership has advised you are stealing food out of my children's' mouth. I can also say that if you are not my friend through this negotiation period you most likely won't be after. I think most of my union brothers and sisters feel the same way. Most won't flat out call you a scum bag, but I will. Most won't put your name on a public board for all to see, but I will. Most will sit quietly and keep their feelings and thought about you to themselves, but I won't . Everyday you go against the grain the longer it will take us to get our first contract behind us.
With all that said, the union is here and has been for several months. The many volunteers are working very hard to make this a respectable place for all of us to work. Even the low lives doing overtime. Any dissatisfaction you may have with our union is your own fault. If you don't like what you are seeing why not pay your dues so we can hold elections, and you run for a position yourself. Why not pay your dues and volunteer for a committee. I know why, because you can't get a job anywhere else. you don't have a strong enough spine to hold your head up high with the rest of us and just weak koolaid drinker. I hear all the time that well if you don't like your job you can quite. Well I love my job and I have a spine strong enough to hold my head up high. I probably could find a better job out there. I am going to stick it out to the end with FLOPS whatever that may bring. I am going to do everything in my power to ensure that all of the pilots at FLOPS receives the contract we deserve. What are you doing? Nothing but a lot of bitchng and complaining. I say to everyone that isn't on my side (with the union 100%). If you don';t have the spine to stand up for yourself let alone your fellow pilots then by all means you quit. That would be the best thing for FLOPS if all you overtime whores just quite to find yourself another job. We sure don't want you year stealing anymore food out of our mouths.

BTW: How much gas do you think I would need to burn er down?

Down with FUD

Random Flyer;1161537 ...[I said:
Why do I have to be in management if I don't agree with the way the pilot group is going about getting this contract? It just appears to me that all this work is going into destroying the company. What will you have to show for your efforts? I'm sure the new company you get hired on with would really like to hear the story of how you and some select few pilots brought a company down[/i]....

I don't think one has to be in management just because s/he is trying to dissuade fellow pilots from standing up for themselves, their families, and the profession. During the early days of the NJ contract battle, I spoke to a number of selfish and/or fearful NJ pilots and wives that also complained about the way the group was going about getting their contract. (And we all know how it turned out.) Unfortunately, worries of destroying the company are, in the beginning, as common as they are misguided. The fear is fueled by the advice of high-powered union-busters like F&H. Luckily, the pilots have "weapons" of their own: reality, common sense, and basic fairness are reinforced by the history lesson of those many groups who were at the table before them. As Chop correctly pointed out, "It's the same ole song and dance"....:rolleyes:

The good news is that most of the pilots develop a backbone and/or conscience as the company continues to show their true colors of disrespect for the pilots and disregard for their families. Witness the recent slap in the face over health care. Are you saying, RF, that that was the right way to go about dealing with the situation...:mad: Talk about destruction! That was clearly intended to lower morale which notoriously causes a corresponding drop in productivity. If that also happens at Options, look whose fault it would be.

When the pilots have a fair/good contract to show for their efforts will you post a congratulations on this thread, RF? Not too many among the selfish and/or fearful have the decency or guts to do so. I guess if they had the former they wouldn't be the latter...huh? ;) The NJ wife that called me and accused me of consigning her family to poverty never called back to share a moment of celebration over the pay raise; nonetheless, her family happily cashed their signing bonus check, I'm sure....:rolleyes:

You can try to present abstract fears as reality, RF, but I prefer to offer Flt Ops pilots bona fide facts. There is wide spread respect-inside and outside of the frac industry-- for the vast majority of frac pilots who are standing up for themselves and their peers as they raise the bar on professional compensation/treatment for the pilots. NJW

To those few who have complained that I don't have a dog in this fight: Newsflash! I'm gonna adopt FR8DOG777....:p because he stands up for frac families and tells it like it is.

Prior to the new CBA the NJ wages qualified our son for the reduced price "poor" kid lunch at his public school and another FO in our area was feeding his kids with WIC . I'm sharing this with those of you who might be making the mistake of thinking that FR8 is just speaking metaphorically about stealing food out of his kids' mouths. When wages are so low that frac pilots have to use govt assistance to feed their children, your refusal to help the cause is keeping them from feeding their families on their own. That's all the same in the end...:mad:

Benefit costs are going up 159% at Flight Options
So will my fuel burns go up 159%

It will cost me $230 more per month for the same Benefits as I had last year.
You can bet I will burn more then $230 per DAY in fuel.

America is such a beautiful country, especially at FL290 ;) going from coast to coast!

It's all quite true. Studies have shown that low morale drags productivity right down with it. Another harsh reality--stress is distracting, and disrespectful treatment by management engenders the same emotion in the work force, who then has no incentive to go the "extra mile". What a management-induced mess!

Benefit costs are going up 159% at Flight Options
So will my fuel burns go up 159%

It will cost me $230 more per month for the same Benefits as I had last year.
You can bet I will burn more then $230 per DAY in fuel.

America is such a beautiful country, especially at FL290 ;) going from coast to coast!

Will the extra fuel burn hurt the owner, or the company? I know that our owners pay fuel surcharges when the price is over "x" amount. Not sure how exactly everything is calculated, but the company may pass those extra fees on to the owner.

SG

Will the extra fuel burn hurt the owner, or the company? I know that our owners pay fuel surcharges when the price is over "x" amount. Not sure how exactly everything is calculated, but the company may pass those extra fees on to the owner.

SG

LOL. I thought the same thing. Jetwash is only stealing from his owner. The comany will pass along the costs. Interesting to see what will happen when the savvy owner being flown at 290 peaks up into the cockpit and asks why? Does he have the nads to say, "because my health care is going up, you are going to pay."

Latest resources

Back