FLOPS giving a bribe

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hear! Hear!

In response to Just Peachy, exactly what results have you seen from writing things up?
From what I read, the gripes are the same as before the Union was voted in.
And correct me if I'm wrong but I believe you would be in a worse situation if the company was "burnt to the ground". And if you think you wouldn't, then why not just leave now? Save yourself the headache right?

Ahh 4 posts and drinking the kool aid. Wow you sure know how to blend in! Go back to writing APR's or lying to the pilots. This pilot group is starting to bond like glue and if this company isnt willing to step up to the plate. So be it. All they have to do is produce a contract and it will all be over and there will be harmony among the employees. If they want to continue to degrade our quality of life and issue hidden paycuts like our health insurance debackle then have at it. I know my 250.00 dollar bribe check is going straight to the union for dues. Besides they only gave it to us becuase they are trying to secure a better dispatch availability for the holiday season. We aint buying it.

Excellent post and idea on the check, CG! The irony is priceless...:p Many NJ pilots did the same thing during their contract battle. The money goes for things like banners being towed over high-profile public events. You guys couldn't make a better investment in your career. I'm not surprised that your group is getting with the program; pilots generally are fast learners.

Absolutely, management could bargain in good faith. The sooner they get the message that the pilots aren't going to cave in the sooner a decent proposal will be brought to the table.

Good Luck and hang in there!
Netjetwife

I'll give you one to help get you started.

How well do you REALLY know what it takes for your planes to LEGALLY fly? Some of the more anul types at Netjets discovered all kinds of placards that are REQUIRED to be on the plane for dispatch. You ever notice any placards missing but kept going anyway? Well, don't. If it legally has to be there, and it's missing, then the plane isn't legal to fly.

Seems kind of nitpicky to write up a plane for a missing placard? So just how badly do you want that new contract (a good one I mean)? You'd be amazed at the things that can ground a plane if you just look hard enough. It's either legal to fly or it's not. That's the attitude you're going to need to get this done.

Good luck to all of you!

PS-No, I personally wouldn't normally stop a trip for some placard that no one is ever going to miss, but then again, a contentious contract negotiation isn't a normal environment.

Something to ponder--who will be held responsible if it came to light that the plane wasn't legal and the pilot flew it anyway? Will management step up and take the blame or would they say it was the pilot's fault? It seems like excellent advice to know what the precise rules are. Somehow I doubt that managers are looking out for the pilots. I think you'll have to do that for yourselves.

Squeeze

Squeeze Sheeringas nuts till he blinks - management's slash and burn philosophy is what is going to burn FLOPS to the ground, not the pilot group holding their feet to the fire that they started.

At AIR-KELLY we never carry write-ups, the pilots are happy, our flight babes are also Hawian Treopics models, and management treats pilots like the Kings they are.

Squeeze

Squeeze Sheeringas nuts till he blinks - management's slash and burn philosophy is what is going to burn FLOPS to the ground, not the pilot group holding their feet to the fire that they started.

At AIR-KELLY we never carry write-ups, the pilots are happy, our flight babes are also Hawian Treopics models, and management treats pilots like the Kings they are.

Ahh 4 posts and drinking the kool aid. Wow you sure know how to blend in! Go back to writing APR's or lying to the pilots. quote]

Why do I have to be in management if I don't agree with the way the pilot group is going about getting this contract?
It just appears to me that all this work is going into destroying the company. What will you have to show for your efforts?
I'm sure the new company you get hired on with would really like to hear the story of how you and some select few pilots brought a company down.
And I say select few because not all of the crew members have the "burnt it down" mentality.

Ahh 4 posts and drinking the kool aid. Wow you sure know how to blend in! Go back to writing APR's or lying to the pilots. quote]

Why do I have to be in management if I don't agree with the way the pilot group is going about getting this contract?
It just appears to me that all this work is going into destroying the company. What will you have to show for your efforts?
I'm sure the new company you get hired on with would really like to hear the story of how you and some select few pilots brought a company down.
And I say select few because not all of the crew members have the "burnt it down" mentality.

Cause you are!!!lol

Latest resources

Back