FLOPS giving a bribe

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

FR8DOG777

WOOOHOOOO, just received an email from our fearful leader at FLOPS. I guess we pilots, and the entire company has been doing such a great job that we deserve a little bribe to keep these planes flying over peak season. Of course we will fall just shy of reaching the companies goal to slip us the other $750. I already seen and heard this song and dance before.

So since we have been doing such a great job and receiving 1/4 of the bribe now, I challenge every pilot out there to write up 3/4 more write ups than last month. Call in fatigue, and (or) sick 3/4 more often than last month. Do absolutely no overtime. Never answer your phone while in rest. If we can drop dispatch-ability just a few more percentage points we will start to earn some REAL money with our new contract. I can only hope that on these peak travel days we as a group come together enough to shut this place down, bring Shiatfinger to his knees, and make him beg for us to come to the bargaining table.

Guys and gals, lets "GET ER DONE"

That says it all: This Holiday Season: STMFD!

WOOOHOOOO, just received an email from our fearful leader at FLOPS. I guess we pilots, and the entire company has been doing such a great job that we deserve a little bribe to keep these planes flying over peak season. Of course we will fall just shy of reaching the companies goal to slip us the other $750. I already seen and heard this song and dance before.

So since we have been doing such a great job and receiving 1/4 of the bribe now, I challenge every pilot out there to write up 3/4 more write ups than last month. Call in fatigue, and (or) sick 3/4 more often than last month. Do absolutely no overtime. Never answer your phone while in rest. If we can drop dispatch-ability just a few more percentage points we will start to earn some REAL money with our new contract. I can only hope that on these peak travel days we as a group come together enough to shut this place down, bring Shiatfinger to his knees, and make him beg for us to come to the bargaining table.

Guys and gals, lets "GET ER DONE"

Freedom is not Free.

How is what you are proposing supposed to help anyone but the pilots. There are other people in that company you work for.
If you succeed in this, you are hurting your fellow employee at all facilities and creating a huge divide. I would think you would want as many allies as possible during this negotiating period.

How is what you are proposing supposed to help anyone but the pilots. There are other people in that company you work for.
If you succeed in this, you are hurting your fellow employee at all facilities and creating a huge divide. I would think you would want as many allies as possible during this negotiating period.

Well for starters when we get a killer benefit package, instead of the crap they are offering now, would most likely be available for all employees.
You are right it will divide us a bit.(OCC Vs. Pilots) But that isn't our fault. That is managements fault. I will lay blame on Management when things get real ugly, I'm sure most in the OCC will do the same. It is in management's hand on how this plays out. It will be up to them if they want things to improve around here. I'm doing my part in making this a better place. I would suggest the rest do the same including the OCC. They will be better off joining us as a team than to sit around and bitch about how the pilots are destroying the company.
The sooner everyone sees that management dealt us this crappy hand and we are just playing the cards we have the sooner improvements will happen for all, including the OCC. Maybe the OCC should "Get Organized", and while we are at it, the newly appointed FLOPS mechanics should too.

Low morale among pilots has negative repercussions throughout the company. The other employees should already be supporting the pilots as their case is clearly one of being paid less than the going rate for their skills and experience. When one group is successful it makes it easier for the next group to be heard in their demands for fairness.

The holiday season is a busy time and we all know that accidents are more likely when we rush to get things done in a short amount of time. That's a fact of life in aviation and non-aviation, alike. Just ask yourself what an accident would do for your company's reputation and ability to attract business.

Absolutely, during the times of peak demand the pilots need to be on guard to stop the domino affect that often leads to accidents. They should not push themselves to fly tired and/or sick as that reduces their reaction time. They should double-check for mx problems that might be over-looked in a packed schedule. As unpopular as it may be, the pilots have to hold the line on safety and make sure they don't fly unless they're 100% healthy and rested.

Bonuses should be given after the end of a safely flown busy season as a reward for a job well done. Many pilots look at money offered at the beginning of the season as a bribe to relax their standards to fly those extra flights and/or take shortcuts. I think it is predictable that a "bribe" will just be seen as a red flag to pilots that are determined to remain responsibly cautious when managers and pax are caught up in the hectic pace of the holidays.

I agree, the crew members should be extra careful. But what Fr8dog was proposing was a challenge to write things up more things than last month.
YOU CAN'T FORCE WRITE UPS! If you do that than you are intentionally being a stickler and intentionally looking for things to "Break".

Nope

I agree, the crew members should be extra careful. But what Fr8dog was proposing was a challenge to write things up more things than last month.
YOU CAN'T FORCE WRITE UPS! If you do that than you are intentionally being a stickler and intentionally looking for things to "Break".

What I was proposing is that we all go out and do our jobs 3/4 better than last month. If it isn't broke you can't write it up. Duhhh. But like NJW said, who I will admit is a little more refined in her posts than I am, Be safe, take your time, and do the best job that you can. You owe that to your fellow pilots. If you are rushed or have a feeling of guilt, and thinking of not doing the right thing because of this "small token of appreciation" and screw something up, there might not be a company left for us to obtain that golden contract we deserve. As for being a "stickler" I call it being thorough. Doing the absolute best pre and post flight any professional pilot can do. Take no short cuts, and don't second guess any maintenance discrepancies no matter how trivial they may seem.

Last edited:
Writeups.

I can tell you positively, absolutely..... we (the pilots) did not start getting results until we started writing everything up in sight instead of carrying the write-ups !!

Next biggest change in mgmts attitude happened when they realized we had developed the attitude of "were going to burn it to the ground " and leave............. yeah 'dats da ticket..yeah.

I can tell you positively, absolutely..... we (the pilots) did not start getting results until we started writing everything up in sight instead of carrying the write-ups !!

Next biggest change in mgmts attitude happened when they realized we had developed the attitude of "were going to burn it to the ground " and leave............. yeah 'dats da ticket..yeah.
I think we need to put the fire under the pilot's arses before we burn the building down. It is coming though.:laugh:

A few years ago my job was the most important thing, now my ticket is the most important.

I will not do anything including carrying a write up to put it at risk.

I am prepared to sit 6 or 7 days out in the middle of nowhere in a dump, until the aircraft is fixed and I am not the only one.

I hope Flight Opts Management is aware of that!!!!

Have a SAFE Thanksgiving week!!!!!!!!!

Latest resources

Back